Skip to main content

Equipment & Party Rental Insurance

When Your Livelihood is Protected, You’ll Never
Go out of Stock

Whether you sell or rent homeowner and contractor equipment or party goods, the fate of your business is really up to you. You invested in the quality and variety your customers expect. But sometimes rented items come back damaged – or don’t come back at all. Protecting your inventory is as vital to your bottom line as your customer base.

The Hartford’s Equipment & Party Rental Insurance program puts you in control. It provides the protection you need – and the service you expect to keep your inventory and bottom line where you need it – at work.

Coverage as expansive as your inventory

Our Equipment & Party Rental Insurance program offers insurance for stores that rent or sell:

Homeowner’s equipment

  • Carpet cleaners, power washers, lawn and garden tools
  • Chain saws, floor strippers, buff sanders, sewer drain snakes
  • Hand tools, paint sprayers, texture sprayers

Party goods

  • Tables, chairs, china, chargers, linens, flatware and silverware
  • Concessions, cooking ware, ovens, racks, fryers
  • Tents, inflatable bounce houses, dance floors and staging

Light contractors’ equipment

  • Trenchers, bobcats, over-seeders, wheel loaders, back hoes
  • Portable toilets, paving, tub grinders, scissor lifts
  • Cabinets, storage, drills, masonry

It lets you conduct your business with confidence, knowing that your unique exposures are covered.

More: It’s what you get with our coverage suite

Your inventory isn’t your only precious business commodity. That’s why our program offers a full suite of coverage options. More choices and, most important, your choice. For a closer look at The Hartford’s Equipment & Party Rental Insurance program, contact a Hartford agent today.

All coverages and services may not be available for all businesses or in all states. For details on what coverages and services are available to you, contact your agent at The Hartford today.

This page outlines in general terms the coverages and services that may be afforded under a Hartford policy. All policies must be examined carefully to determine suitability for your needs and to identify any exclusions, limitations or any other terms and conditions that may specifically affect coverage. In the event of a conflict, the terms and conditions of the policy prevail. All Hartford coverages and services described on this page may be offered by one or more of the property and casualty insurance company subsidiaries of The Hartford Financial Services Group, Inc.

Tools for Agents

Find program specific contact information, forms, applications and other resources.

See Resources