for Financial Institutions
At The Hartford, we put our years of experience with financial institutions such as yours to work for you. Whether a community bank, credit union, mortgage banker, investment firm, insurance company or other depository institution, we understand your business and have designed coverages to meet your specific needs and protect what’s most important to you. So, you not only get our core coverage, you also get the benefit of enhanced protections specifically designed for your industry.
Here's a sampling of our industry-specific coverages for financial institutions:
- ATMs – Coverage for ATMs at scheduled and unscheduled premises.
- Mail Transportation Insurance – This option provides coverage for securities that are lost, stolen, or destroyed while in transit.
- Mortgagee’s Errors & Omissions – Provides protection from lawsuits and damage claims related to administering and servicing mortgages.
- Mortgage Protection Insurance – This option provides coverage for mortgage impairment and mortgagee’s errors or omissions.
- Newly Acquired Property – Coverage for newly acquired property, whether buildings or business personal property, with limits up to $1,000,000.
- OREO/Foreclosed Properties – Optional extension of property and/or liability coverage to buildings your institution acquires as a result of foreclosure proceedings.
- Trust Properties – Built in coverage for real estate held in trust. This optional coverage protects you for claims made against your institution if someone is injured on a property which is held in trust by your bank.
Learn more about property coverage
Learn more about liability coverage
- Repossessed Auto – Coverage for automobiles repossessed on behalf of your financial institution.
Learn more about commercial auto insurance
To find out how The Hartford can help protect your financial institution, contact your Hartford agent.
All coverages and services may not be available for all businesses or in all states. For details on what coverages and services are available to you, contact your agent at The Hartford today.
This site outlines in general terms the coverages and services that may be afforded under a Hartford policy. All policies must be examined carefully to determine suitability for your needs and to identify any exclusions, limitations or any other terms and conditions that may specifically affect coverage. In the event of a conflict, the terms and conditions of the policy prevail. All Hartford coverages and services described on this page may be offered by one or more of the property and casualty insurance company subsidiaries of The Hartford Financial Services Group, Inc.