Manufacturing is big business. So when it comes to insuring your business, you want a provider that understands your universe of risks and exposures.
At The Hartford, we cover a broad range of manufacturers across an array of verticals, including metals, food processors, industrial equipment, plastics and much more as well as specialty niches. We focus on protecting your critical assets and offer a broad array of coverages that can be tailored to fit the needs and exposures of individual companies. With The Hartford, you can combine core property and casualty policies with enhanced protections specific to your business, for a powerful mix of broad and targeted protection.
Articles & Insights
Wage and hour lawsuits have become extremely prevalent over the last several years, a trend fueled by a large number of workers displaced following the financial crisis and strengthened by increased regulatory activity, successful settlements and court rulings.
Manufacturing in the U.S. is on the rise, and an increasing number of companies are opting to repatriate facilities currently based abroad. The trend makes sense on a number of levels. First and foremost are the bottom-line benefits, but it’s also fueled a surge in job creation, among other ecumenical advantages.
Coverage for Manufacturers
Every manufacturer’s operations are unique. From your facility to your equipment and your employees - you need coverage that is just right for you. Some of the coverages we offer to manufacturers include:
- General Liability: Our General Liability insurance automatically provides coverage for suppliers and others if you are required by written contract to add them as additional insureds and contractual liability coverage for bodily injury and property damage for which you have assumed responsibility under a written contract.
- Property: Our strong property capability can be enhanced with unique coverage for metal and plastics manufacturers as well as printers.
- Business Income: Our Business income (business interruption) provides coverage for off-premises utility service interruption and dependent properties anywhere in the world.
- Product Recall: Our product recall expense coverage applies to your products, products of which are a component part because of a default, inadequacy or dangerous condition and product tampering.
- Manufacturers E&O: Our Manufacturers E&O coverage protects against claims that your customers may bring for economic losses they suffer as a result of a manufacturing mistake.
- International: Our International Choice policy protects manufacturers that export products or have employees who travel abroad, but have no physical presence or permanent employees overseas.
- Ocean Cargo: Our Ocean Cargo Choice delivers some of the best transit international and domestic protection available today.
The Hartford is proud to provide manufacturing-specific risk management services. We offer an array of Loss Control services including workshops, conferences, podcasts and on-demand webinars on topics important to manufacturers, including:
- Machine safeguarding
- Product safety and product recall planning
- Contractual risk transfer
- Business continuity
The Hartford offers specialty programs for certain types of manufacturers, including manufacturers of:
All coverages and services may not be available for all businesses or in all states. For details on what coverages and services are available to you, contact your agent at The Hartford today.
Already an Agent?
Access additional resources just for you.
Loss Control Solutions
Learn about The Hartford’s loss control services and how you can take an active role in managing the risks of your business.