Solar Power is the
Fastest-Growing Source of
Renewable Energy in America
Your business works to protect the environment through clean, renewable energy. Whether you are a solar power start-up or a fuel cell Fortune 1000 company, our dedicated underwriting specialists can customize insurance solutions for your unique business needs.
Comprehensive Coverage & Service Solutions
Here's just a sample of the tailored coverages and services we offer:
- Property Coverage. Includes coverage for: general property, power generating property and equipment, industry-specific computer equipment, media and data, utility services interruption, electronic vandalism (damage to data from viruses and other malicious code).
- Replace Broken Equipment with "Green" Technology. You may use up to 25% of the adjusted loss to replace damaged, covered equipment with “green” equipment that is more efficient or that improves the environment.
- Limits and Protection. You can protect your company from physical damage to solar, wind, geothermal, and other power equipment. This coverage can also extend to ancillary property such as substations and other remote facilities.
- Pay-As-You-Go Workers' Compensation. We help you manage your cash flow and mitigate audit surprises by basing your premium payments on actual, not estimated, payroll — one pay period at a time. This flexibility can be critical to businesses that are experiencing staffing changes.
- @venture® Risk Management. Available to eligible¹ renewable energy companies, this system helps you assign risk-management resources based on your needs and priorities.
- Marine Coverage. The Hartford has a long history of providing innovative inland and ocean marine products and services to renewable energy companies to help meet specialized property and cargo coverage needs, including Shipper’s Interest, Ocean Cargo ChoiceSM, and Installation coverage.
Leader In Sustainability
We’re not only in the market to insure businesses that develop renewable energy. We’re also consumers of renewable energy. An eco-friendly insurance company, The Hartford has also been recognized for our leadership in sustainability:
- Climate Leadership Awards 2015 Excellence in GHG Management (Goal Setting) Certificate Recipient
- Climate Leadership Award, U.S. EPA, (2014-2015)
- Carbon Performance Leadership Index, Carbon Disclosure Project, (2008-2014)
- Dow Jones Sustainability Index Member (2014- 2015)
All coverages and services may not be available for all businesses or in all states. For details on what coverages and services are available to you, contact your agent at The Hartford today.
¹Generally accounts over $250,000 in premium.
This site outlines in general terms the coverages and services that may be afforded under a Hartford policy. All policies must be examined carefully to determine suitability for your needs and to identify any exclusions, limitations or any other terms and conditions that may specifically affect coverage. In the event of a conflict, the terms and conditions of the policy prevail. All Hartford coverages and services described on this page may be offered by one or more of the property and casualty insurance company subsidiaries of The Hartford Financial Services Group, Inc.
Alternative Energy in Business Models