Wholesalers & Distributors
Wholesalers and Distributors
The Hartford understands the unique needs of wholesalers and distributors in specialized industries. Our industry-specific property coverages can help properly protect your wholesale distribution business. Our industry-tailored wholesaler-distributors SPICE® (Specialized Property Insurance Coverage Endorsement) enhances specific coverages in our Property Choice® form.
Coverages Offered Through Property Choice® for Wholesalers and Distributors
- Accounts Receivable
Makes sure you're able to reconstruct lost or damaged records which will enable your business to reissue bills for clients with outstanding balances.
- Building and Business Personal Property
Coverage to help pay for the cost to repair or replace your property, including inventory, office furniture or fixtures damaged by fire or other covered losses.
- Computers and Media
Technology is a huge investment for many companies. That's why our policy includes Computers and Media in our definition of covered property. We offer flexible limits that can be tailored to your business needs and reimburses for:
- Physical loss or damage to your computer hardware
- Loss of data or computer software
- Damage caused by computer virus
- Automatically covers portable computer equipment anywhere in the world while when you or your employees are traveling on business, except when checked as baggage.
- Property in Transit
Helps to protect your business's personal property if damaged during shipment.
- Tenant Obligations
As a tenant, you may be responsible for damages to the building caused by a break-in, lease assessments, and damage to windows and glass doors. If so, our policy can help cover these added financial responsibilities.
- Off-Premises Utility Services—Business Income
If you experience an interruption in communication, water or power supply due to an accident
Wholesalers & Distributors Insurance for a Broad Array of Industries
We offer coverage for a wide array of products including but not limited to:
- Computer equipment & software
- Construction machinery
- Drugs & medical supplies
- Electronic parts
- Heating & air conditioning supplies
- Industrial equipment
- Office equipment & supplies
- Plumbing supplies
- Scrap & waste materials
Specialty Programs for Wholesalers & Distributors
Certain businesses carry specialized risks. Learn more about our specialty programs for:
- Pool & Spa Contractors, Practitioners, Manufacturers, Wholesalers, Distributors, Retailers, Installation & Service Contractors
- Railroad Contractors, Wholesalers & Manufacturers
- Specialized Truck Equipment & Trailers– Manufacturers, Installers & Repair Distributors.
To learn more about how The Hartford can help your business, contact your Hartford agent.
All coverages and services may not be available for all businesses or in all states. For details on what coverages and services are available to you, contact your agent at The Hartford today.
This page outlines in general terms the coverages and services that may be afforded under a Hartford policy. All policies must be examined carefully to determine suitability for your needs and to identify any exclusions, limitations or any other terms and conditions that may specifically affect coverage. In the event of a conflict, the terms and conditions of the policy prevail. All Hartford coverages and services described on this page may be offered by one or more of the property and casualty insurance company subsidiaries of The Hartford Financial Services Group, Inc.