Supporting the Unbundled Claims
of Our Property & Casualty Business
The TPA Services team provides claim management and oversight services for The Hartford’s unbundled book of property and casualty business. The unbundled book is comprised of National Accounts, Captive Programs and other loss sensitive customers that have opted to have their claims handled by a third party administrator.
Working with Partners to Mitigate Risk
TPA Services is divided into four units: Claim Consulting, Quality Control, Data Management and Account Management. Each of these units works with our TPA business partners, customers and internal business partners to identify and mitigate risk and delivers superior customer service.
- The claim consultants provide claim oversight services for complex claims handled by our TPAs. By partnering with our TPAs we are able to effectively identify and mitigate risk to help ensure quality claim handling. Our consultants bring many years of claim experience to their roles and are The Hartford’s first line of oversight with regard to the unbundled book.
- Our quality specialists regularly audit our TPA partners to drive delivery of the level of service our customers expect when buying insurance from The Hartford. As a result of the audit process, our team is able to identify and address adverse trends, facilitate improved claim handling practices, and help ensure that our unbundled customers receive quality overall service.
- TPA Service’s data management group is the newest addition to the TPA Services team. This team is responsible for the timely and accurate flow of data between our TPAs and The Hartford. Partnering with the information technology teams of each of our approved TPAs, the data management group is building an industry leading data experience for our customers.
- Our account management team coordinates consultative and service efforts with both our TPAs and customers. Account managers help ensure that our TPAs meet The Hartford’s and its customer’s established expectations, manage customer service concerns, and act as a single point of contact for claim related issues.
Our TPA Partners
The Hartford currently partners with the following TPAs in connection with new business opportunities:
- Broadspire Services, Inc., ® a Crawford Company
- Cannon Cochran Management Services (CCMSI)
- Gallagher Bassett Services, Inc.
- TRISTAR Risk Enterprise Management, Inc.
- Sedgwick Claims Management Services
- York Risk Services Group