The Hartford’s California Workers’ Compensation Medical Provider Network
This website is a resource to help you set up and maintain The Hartford's California Workers' Compensation Medical Provider Network at your workplace.
Read the Employer MPN Guide. It explains the CA MPN and your role in its implementation.
Print the DWC-7 state-required posting notice. Most of the MPN information has been filled out for you. Please fill in the remaining items. The MPN effective date is the date on your workers’ compensation policy. Refer to your policy to fill in the writing company on the “Workers’ compensation insurer” line, and for your policy expiration date. Click here to find the nearest information and assistance officer. When complete, post the DWC-7 form in a place frequented by your employees..
At time of injury:
1. Provide the "DWC-1 Employee Claim Form and Notice of Potential Eligibility."
2. Provide the “Complete Written Employee Notification.”
Upon hiring a new employee:
1. Provide the "Time of Hire Pamphlet"
New MPN Employee Notification Documents and Processes
The State of California provides the following guidelines to help you understand the new MPN process:
- MPN Employee Notifications are only required at time of injury or when the injury is reported.
- MPN Employee Notifications also required when transferring claims into a MPN.
- MPN Employee Notices for initial roll out and employee time of hire are NO LONGER REQUIRED.
- All California Employers are still required to adhere to California Regulations pertaining to the DWC-7 posting, Time of Hire Pamphlets, and Pre-designation Forms.
Helpful Links and Documents
I&A Offices - Go here to find the Information and Assistance Office near your location
Find a Network Health Care Provider - Use this online tool to find a network treating doctor, specialist, or other health care provider in your area.
How to File a Claim - This document provides useful information on reporting a workers' compensation claim.
- Predesignation Form