Educational Institution Group Benefits
Institution Needs and
Your Employees Want
What sets our offering apart is how carefully we're able to match our plans to the realities your employees face in their daily jobs. While your educators and administrators help to build the future for the next generation, we help protect them.
Give and Take
The Hartford offers many product features that bend, flex and adjust to the special needs of your employees. Such as a pension contribution benefit. And covered leaves for handling the unique sabbatical and leave of absence needs of educational institutions.
We Make Complex Plans Seem Easy
For more than 35 years, The Hartford has served the needs of education employers with flexible insurance plans. And today, we're partners with nearly 1,400 educational institutions nationwide. That includes:
- More than 325 colleges and universities,
- 450+ public school districts, boards of education and charter schools, and
- Hundreds of private schools,
each with customized contracts that our plans accommodate with ease.
- A flexible definition of earnings. We can accommodate the earnings teachers may receive from extra-curricular activities.
- A customized definition of eligibility. We can write your policy to ensure that academic employees are covered year-round.
- An understanding of collective bargaining agreements. No matter how complicated, we have the experience to work within your legal obligations.
- Billing and claims, timed to your schedule. We can arrange payments around academic calendars.
- Correct pricing and offsets for retirement plans. We are experienced in coordinating with Public Employees’ Retirement Systems and State Teachers’ Retirement Systems.
Request More Information
It's time you got in touch. Have your local Hartford sales representative contact you based on your needs.
Group benefits customers: Log in to find forms, check claims status, access reports, pay bills and more.