Long-Term Disability Insurance
Luck Can Run Out,
Money Doesn't Have To
A serious disability may seem like a long shot. But it can happen to anyone. And it can keep you out of work for a lengthy period of time. If that ever happens to you, help protect your income and savings with the long-term disability insurance plan your employer is offering. So you can stay on top of your rent or mortgage and other bills in the worst case scenario. Sound expensive? Actually, long term-disability insurance coverage costs as little as a couple of cups of coffee.1
All the Right Reasons
- You hope a disability will never happen. But there's a 30% chance it will. Three out of 10 workers will face a condition that lays them up before they retire.2
- Workers' compensation covers only the injuries and illnesses that are work-related. Most serious disabilities – 95%, in fact – are non-work-related.3
Protection for the Long Haul
Enroll in your employer's long-term disability insurance plan from The Hartford, and you may be protected if a disability requires a long recovery period. Our long-term disability insurance comes with these advantages:
- Wide coverage. Covered disabilities can include back injuries and serious illnesses.
- Free choice. How much of your paycheck do you want to protect? In some cases, your employer lets you choose from multiple benefit percentages.
- Ability Assist® 4 Counseling Services provides access to Master’s- and PhD-degreed clinicians for 24/7 assistance if you’re enrolled in our long-term disability plan. This includes 3 face-to-face visits per occurrence per year for emotional concerns and unlimited phone consultations for financial, legal, and work-life concerns. Certain limitations may apply depending on plan design. Learn more
- Travel Assistance & ID Theft Protection and Assistance5 include pre-trip information that helps you feel safe and secure while traveling. It also gives you access to medical professionals across the globe for medical assistance when traveling 100+ miles away from home for 90 days or less when unexpected detours arise. Another important service is ID theft protection, available 24/7 whether home or away. Protection is provided two ways: educational materials to help prevent identity theft, and access to caseworkers who can help you resolve problems that result from identity theft. Learn more
32010 CDA Long-Term Disability Claims Review http://www.disabilitycanhappen.org/research/CDA_LTD_Claims_Survey_2010.asp, view date: 7/29/11
Report a Claim
We're here to help with your employee benefit claims needs and questions.
Help Prepare for Tomorrow
Learn about insurance that can help protect your income.
Defend Your Income
This interactive game from the Council for Disability Awareness can help you learn how to protect your paycheck.
Personal and financial support from The Hartford can help ease a difficult recovery.