to Business with
Absence Management Capabilities
Absence management is a practice that provides customized solutions to assist an employer in managing absences within their organization. The Hartford’s new integrated absence management offering delivers integrated products and services to help businesses determine the true cost of employee absence and set a course to help reduce burden, costs and maximize productivity.
Employee Advocacy Program
Our Employee Advocacy Program provides proactive absence health and wellness support to employees who are covered by our disability insurance and/or leave management service. Here’s how it works.
Employee Advocate Coordinator
- Proactively reaches out to employees based on diagnoses and/or leave patterns
- Discusses in detail all available health and wellness programs offered by the employer, vendor and/or The Hartford
- Provides a range of referral and administrative support
- Conducts follow-up conversations with claimants to help ensure their participation
Scope of services
- Leave advice
- Return-to-work assistance
- Links to existing health and wellness benefits and support services (ex., disease management, healthy mom/healthy baby, EAP services, etc.)
Available for a per-employee-per-month fee
Absence & Productivity Assessment Service
This service helps employers identify internal gaps or issues that could impact their effectiveness in managing employee absence.
Customers receive two worksite visits by one of our Loss Control Consultants:
- 1st visit – to complete an onsite assessment
- Observations and formal recommendations in an Assessment Report
- 2nd visit – upon request, to help address areas noted as deficiencies
Customer’s Absence Management Assessment Report
- Summarizes workplace factors that may influence an employer’s ability to prevent or mitigate employee absence
- Provides assessment of defined factors related to employee health and lost time from work as a result of a disability
- Offers recommendations for one or more focus areas needing improvement
- New 2014 customers who have both Leave Management services and Disability Income Insurance coverage with us and have 1,000+ covered employees.
- Potential prospects with 1,000+ employees (Leave & DI coverage is being quoted).
Safety and Productivity Consultation
On-site consultations help to prevent claims and leaves in the first place, support stay-at-work and return-to-work, and manage leaves, claims and Americans with Disabilities Act Amendments Act (ADAAA) requests*.
The Hartford has subject matter expertise in:
- Job safety and injury prevention
- Job analysis – build a foundation for job descriptions
- Job modifications – safe, practical changes for job and worksite
- Changes to help prevent or minimize the impact of a disability
- Worksite assessments – to help resolve employee’s issues with pain or discomfort
Case Examples of Job Safety and Injury Prevention Consulting Services
Telecommunications Company: Job analysis for job description enhancement/refinement
Financial Services Company: Workstation assessment
Financial Services Company: Ergonomic evaluation pre- and post-disability
Public Utility Company: Job analysis
Compliant workplace accommodations programs are paramount due to evolving and changing Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) regulations with ADAAA.
- Employers have a responsibility to respond, review, and assess an employee’s request for an accommodation without any undue hardship to the employer's business.
- The Hartford’s ADAAA Assist helps employers understand, comply, and determine if an accommodation is reasonable – allowing for maximum productivity and improved compliance.
- The Hartford provides assistance to employee requests for accommodation through intake, tracking and gathering medical documentation – while supporting the interactive process between employee and employer.
- The Hartford assists employers during the review of job accommodation requests, helping to verify employees' functional capabilities, restrictions and limitations.
*This service does not assure compliance with requirements for “reasonable accommodations” under the ADAAA.
Get More Information
It's time you got in touch. Have your local Hartford sales representative contact you based on your needs.
Find forms, check claims status, access reports, pay bills and more.