Claims & Leave Management
Solutions for Managing Employee Absence
From our clinical nurse intake to our sophisticated claims pathways model, claimants experience a seamless process. While The Hartford’s leave management services help employers relieve their burden of staying compliant and administering a growing number of leave laws.1
Clinical Nurse Intake
RNs and LPNs have the clinical experience to obtain necessary information at claim initiation to document an accurate clinical impression. This efficient model facilitates speedier claim decisions and helps create a better claimant experience and satisfaction, as evidenced by our claimant satisfaction ratings of 96 percent.2
Advantages of Clinical Intake by Nurses
A claim intake process that begins with an experienced nurse can help improve return-to-work outcomes.
Integrated Leave and Claim Process
We provide a single/clinical intake and combined handler model for concurrent Short-term Disability (STD) and Leave, and follow up with integrated correspondence. This process helps provide employees with clear communications and a less stressful claim experience.
Enhanced Claims Pathways Model
Our sophisticated claim system will automatically triage — based on diagnosis and/or CPT codes — and assign claims to the appropriate Ability Analyst segment for intervention and case management as needed. This approach allows The Hartford to focus on claims that have transferable skills and return to work plans.
Leave Management Services
Employers of all sizes struggle to manage employee absences, they consistently indicate that managing leaves is a major challenge. With leave management services from The Hartford, an employer can outsource leave administration and achieve a consistent approach to managing leaves that qualify under the Federal FMLA, state leave laws, and employer-specific leave policies. Our team of absence professionals provides personalized support for your employees and helps remove the administrative burdens for employers.
The Hartford is a leader in leave management and has been providing in-house services since 2001. Our leave management program is backed by our decades of experience in benefits administration. We know the leave management landscape and continually monitor the evolving leave legislation.
If employers are not integrating these programs today, they are not likely managing absence appropriately.
Why Select The Hartford for Leave Management?
- Single toll-free number to report leave events and disability claims
- Integration of disability claims and associated leave events
- Management of a wide array of leaves including the Federal FMLA, state leaves and employer-specific leaves
- Online access for employees to request a leave or check the status of a leave
- Robust set of integrated leave and disability reports for employers
- Extensive online leave tools
- Consistent, accurate, and timely leave processes
Our Results Tell the Story
When employers outsource leave management to The Hartford, our solutions provide measurable results. We have success stories from a broad range of industries including:
ADAAA Assist Service 1
Compliant workplace accommodation programs are paramount due to evolving and changing Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) regulations with ADAAA.
- Employers have a responsibility to review, assess and respond to an employee’s request for an accommodation without any undue hardship to the employer's business.
- The Hartford’s ADAAA Assist service helps employers understand, comply, and determine if an accommodation is reasonable – allowing for improved productivity and compliance.
- The Hartford provides assistance to employee requests for accommodation through intake, tracking and gathering medical documentation – while supporting the interactive process between employee and employer.
- The Hartford assists employers during the review of job accommodation requests, helping to verify employees' functional capabilities, restrictions and limitations.
Learn More about ADAAA
Because ADAAA is a complex regulatory issue, we’ve provided a series of useful articles (below) and educational webinars (see box above, right).
ADAAA Best Practices
Learn three steps to exercising best practices under the ADAAA, to help you navigate your maze of responsibilities effectively.
Demystifying the ADAAA Leave Accommodation Process
Understanding ADAAA complexities and implementing standardized procedures is essential to meeting employer obligations. Learn some practical tips on how employers can navigate the reasonable accommodation process.
Tax Incentives Can Help Cover Job Accommodation Costs
Think that making job accommodations can be costly? Think again. Over 50% of employer job accommodations cost nothing. others are quite low and tax incentives for some common provisions can help offset the costs.
Five Steps to Help With ADAAA Compliance
Learn five steps to exercising best practices under the ADAAA, to help you navigate you maze of responsibilities effectively.
1 “This service does not assure compliance with requirements for “reasonable accommodations” under the ADAAA nor does it determine whether the employee has disability as defined under the ADAAA. The Hartford does not provide legal advice related to ADA compliance. The information contained herein is not to be construed as legal advice and is informational only. For legal advice, please contact the counsel of your choice.”
2 The Hartford Disability Claimant Satisfaction Tracking Study, GfK custom Research North America, 2013.