Group Life & Accident Insurance
Helping Protect Employees’ Goals, Dreams and Loved Ones
A Cushion of Protection for Life Itself
Employees have goals, dreams and loved ones. Protecting them against worst case scenarios is not only smart, but a caring and responsible choice. The Hartford can help meet diverse needs with basic, dependent group life programs, as well as accidental death and dismemberment insurance.
Group Life Insurance
It's what you're not prepared for that can hurt you. The Hartford provides benefits with foresight, to help employees in many circumstances. Some highlights of our group life insurance product include:
- An enhanced continuity of coverage clause that prevents employees from being stranded without coverage on our policy transfer date – even if they're not actively at work on that day.
- A generous living benefit option. Terminally Ill employees or dependents can accelerate their benefits, up to $500,000.
- No interruption in premium waiver elimination period for employees who attempt to return to work for up to five days.
- A portability option and conversion is offered with our life insurance product. If employees leave their company, or under other qualifying conditions, they can take all or a portion of their coverage with them.
- A variety of programs that provide employees access to online tools and services that can guide them through major life decisions, such as creating a will or funeral planning.
Accidental Death & Dismemberment
Accidents happen to commuters as well as do-it-yourselfers, weekend joggers, workers and homebodies alike. So it makes sense to offer employees protection with AD&D coverage. What they can receive under a plan with The Hartford:
- Protection against losses from unforeseen covered accidents, available for dependent children and spouses as well as employees.
- Twenty-four-hour accident coverage that can be combined with group life or purchased as a stand-alone product.
- A generous package of riders offering coverage beyond industry standards.
- Numerous optional benefits to customize employee coverage.
The Hartford offers employee accident coverage for a variety of needs, from employees on business trips to students on field trips.
- Business travel accident insurance covers employees traveling on business only or business and pleasure.
- We also offer blanket accident insurance for specialty groups – campers, private and public school students, church groups and more.
Care. Compassion. Service. It’s What We Do.
Life and accident claims can be emotional and stressful events in our lives. Our value-added employee services help make difficult times a little bit easier. Learn more about:
- Funeral Planning & Concierge Services1 (group life)
- EstateGuidance® Will Preparation Services2 (group life)
- Beneficiary Counseling Services3 (group life, accidental death and dismemberment)
- Travel Assistance & ID Theft Protection services4 (group life, accidental death and dismemberment)
1 Funeral Concierge Services are offered through Everest Funeral Package, LLC (Everest). Everest and the Everest logo are service marks of Everest Funeral Package, LLC. PriceFinder is a service mark of Everest Information Services, LLC. Everest is not affiliated with The Hartford and is not a provider of insurance services. Everest and its affiliates have no affiliation with Everest ReGroup, Ltd., Everest Reinsurance Company or any of their affiliates.
2 EstateGuidance® services are provided through The Hartford by ComPsych®. ComPsych is not affiliated with The Hartford and is not a provider of insurance services. A simple will does not cover credit shelter trust, printing or certain other features. These features are available at an additional cost to you.
3 Beneficiary Assist® is offered through The Hartford by ComPsych®. ComPsych is not affiliated with The Hartford and is not a provider of insurance services.
4 Travel Assistance & ID Theft Protection and Assistance are provided by Europ Assistance USA. Europ Assistance USA is not affiliated with The Hartford and is not a provider of insurance services.
Get More Information
It's time you got in touch. Have your local Hartford sales representative contact you based on your needs.
Find forms, check claims status, access reports, pay bills and more.
Access account info, commission data, forms and more.
Empower Your Employees
Help employees learn about their benefits the simple, interactive way.
A customer shares her experience with group life insurance from The Hartford.