Value Added Services
Group and Voluntary Benefits:
Value Added Services and Employee Assistance Programs (EAP)
Many of The Hartford’s group benefits products include various value added services, designed to help employees with the challenges that come before and after a claim.
Additional Services for Employees
There are some life conversations that no one wants to have, especially when it involves planning for financial matters, insurance needs, making end-of-life decisions or planning for the loss of a loved one.
As part of The Hartford's Group Life insurance plan, employers may have access to our suite of additional services, designed to help employees and their loved ones make more informed decisions. Services include:
- Funeral Planning and Concierge Services.1 A suite of online tools to guide employees through key decisions before a loss, including help comparing funeral-related costs. After a loss, this service includes family advocacy and professional negotiation of funeral prices with local providers-often resulting in significant financial savings. In addition, Express Pay is offered for expedited claims payments. Included with our Life coverage. Learn more
- Estate Guidance® (online will preparation).2 A service that helps employees protect their family's future by creating a customized and legally binding online will. Online support is also available from licensed attorneys, if needed. Included with our Life coverage. Learn more
- Beneficiary Assist®.3 Compassionate expertise to help employees or their loved ones cope with emotional, financial and legal issues that arise after a loss. Includes unlimited phone contact with professionals, as well as five face-to-face sessions. Included with our Life and Accident coverages. Learn more
- Travel Assistance & ID Theft Protection Services.4 Services include pre-trip information that helps employees feel safe and secure while traveling. It also gives them access to medical professionals across the globe for medical assistance when traveling 100+ miles away from home for 90 days or less when unexpected detours arise. Another important service is ID theft protection, available 24/7 whether home or away. Protection is provided two ways: Educational materials to help prevent identity theft. And access to caseworkers who can help victims resolve problems that result from identity theft. Included with our Life, Accident and Long-term Disability coverage. Learn more
Employee Assistance Programs
When employees feel vulnerable after a disabling event, they need easy access to professional resources to support their recovery.
- Ability Assist® Counseling Services.5 Employees enrolled in our Group Disability plan receive professional counseling for financial, legal and emotional issues, 24/7/365. Includes unlimited phone access and three face-to-face sessions per year. Services are also available to spouses and dependent children. Included with our long-term disability coverage. Learn more
- HealthChampionSM. 6 Employees enrolled in our Group Disability plan receive unlimited access to Benefit Specialists and nurses for administrative and clinical support to address medical care and claims concerns. Service includes: claim and billing support, explanation of benefits, cost estimates/fee negotiation, information related to conditions and available treatments, and support to help prepare for medical visits. Learn More
1 Funeral Concierge Services are offered though Everest Funeral Package, LLC (Everest). Everest is not affiliated with The Hartford and is not a provider of insurance services. Everest and its affiliates have no affiliation with Everest ReGroup Ltd., Everest Reinsurance Company or any of their affiliates. The Hartford is not responsible and assumes no liability for the services provided by Everest Funeral Package, LLC as described in these materials.
2,3,5,6 Estate Guidance®, Beneficiary Assist®, Ability Assist®, and HealthChampion® services are offered through The Hartford by ComPsych®. ComPsych is not affiliated with The Hartford and is not a provider of insurance services. The Hartford is not responsible and assumes no liability for the goods and services provided by ComPsych. EstateGuidance is a registered trademark of ComPsych. Health Champion is a service mark of ComPsych. Beneficiary Assist and Ability Assist are registered trademarks of The Hartford.
4 Travel Assistance and ID Theft Protection Services are provided by Europ Assistance USA. Europ Assistance is not affiliated with The Hartford and is not a provider of insurance services.
The Hartford® is The Hartford Financial Services Group, Inc. and its subsidiaries including issuing companies Hartford Life Insurance Company and Hartford Life and Accident Insurance Company. Home office is Hartford, CT.
Get More Information
It's time you got in touch. Have your local Hartford sales representative contact you based on your needs.
Find forms, check claims status, access reports, pay bills and more.
Access account info, commission data, forms and more.
Empower Your Employees
Help employees learn about their benefits the simple, interactive way.
Funeral Planning Video
Learn more about how Everest Funeral Planning can help you.