Voluntary Disability Insurance
Help Protect Your
A Smart Solution For You and Your Employees
Helping to provide your employees with income protection is one thing. Helping them overcome limitations to reclaim their lives is another. Our voluntary disability insurance products can do both. What does that mean to you? Shorter durations, a safer, faster return to productivity, and better outcomes for your employees. And since we offer our disability coverage on a voluntary basis, we can help design a plan that works for you and your employees that will help manage overall benefit costs.
The Hartford offers standard voluntary disability insurance coverage on a stand-alone or combined basis as 100 percent voluntary/employee-paid or as supplemental/buy-up coverage where employees can purchase additional disability protection.
To give employees more say in their benefits, there's DisabilityFLEXSM, a voluntary disability insurance that lets them customize their benefits to their needs and income. And it's 100 percent employee-paid, which could help reduce benefit costs.
Voluntary Short-term Disability
When employees are unable to work because of a disabling injury or illness, short-term disability insurance goes to work for them, replacing part of their income. Our voluntary short-term disability product helps make the whole process easier for everyone because:
- Experienced nurses handle the claims, providing compassionate experience that can reduce durations.
- We use a 100 percent return-to-work incentive formula for companies with 500+ employees.
Voluntary Long-term Disability
Like short-term disability, our voluntary long-term disability insurance product is carefully designed to emphasize ability, not limitations. It helps to address your employees' needs for secure income,with your need for the best possible outcome at work, through features like:
- A disability definition that lets employees satisfy the elimination period with a loss of duties only.
- No self-reported symptom limitations, thanks to effective claims management.
- Ability Assist®1, a value-added service that provides employees with emotional, legal and financial help - giving them guidance to better focus on recovery.
- A Vocational Rehabilitation Program that offers vocational and job placement services, as well as work-related guidance and resources.
Care. Compassion. Service. It's What We Do.
Disability claims can be emotional and stressful events in our lives. Our value-added services help make difficult times a little bit easier. Learn more about:
- Ability Assist®1 (long-term disability)
- Travel Assistance and ID Theft Protection Services2 (long-term disability)
1Offered through ComPsych®, the largest provider of Employee Assistance Programs, managed behavioral health and work-life crises intervention. ComPsych is not affiliated with The Hartford and is not a provider of insurance services. For more information on ComPsych, visit www.compsych.com. Source: Business Insurance.
2 Travel Assistance and ID Theft Protection Services are provided Europ Assistance USA. Europ Assistance is not affiliated with The Hartford and is not a provider of insurance services.
Find a Sales Representative
It's time you got in touch. Get a list of Hartford sales reps nearby.
Personal and financial support from The Hartford can help ease a difficult recovery.
Empower Your Employees
Help employees learn about their benefits the simple, interactive way.
Find forms, check claims status, access reports, pay bills and more.