Short Term Disability Insurance
Help Protect Your
Short-term disability (STD) Insurance helps protect paychecks and productivity. Our Short-term Disability insurance offers incentives, resources and support, to help employees stay at work and help disabled employees return to work.
Our STD plan provides coverage for income lost when employees are unable to work because of a covered non-occupational accident, illness or pregnancy.
Other injuries or illnesses include;
- Surgery recovery
- Carpal tunnel syndrome
- Herniated disks
- Broken bones
How It’s Flexible
We offer a variety of standard, enhanced and premium plan designs, and we can help you customize a plan from a pre-defined set of options.
Our STD plan can be a stand-alone plan, complement your current employer-paid STD plan or work with a Long-term Disability plan to help ensure continuity of coverage. Benefits include:
- Various benefit start dates, including first day injury
- Benefit durations up to 52 weeks
- Benefit amounts that include 50% - 67% of income loss
Why It’s Valuable
You get fully insured STD with our experience and support behind it.
With our STD plan, you can maintain productivity by helping employees stay on the job. If they do incur an illness or injury, we can provide the resources employees need to help them return to work as soon as they’re able.
All this is available with affordable group rates in addition to:
- Guaranteed issue1
- Up to 67% income loss protection
- Easy payroll deduction of premiums
- Only 10 insured lives required for participation
- A four-week benefit when pre-existing conditions apply
- Clinical claims management through highly trained nurses—our intake nurses average 20 years of experience and are an employee’s first point of contact with The Hartford
Beyond the Benefit
You care about your employees. So do we. We go beyond the benefit with built-in, value-added employee services to support their recovery—at no extra cost to you or your employees.
- Ability Assist®2—Confidential support for emotional, legal and financial issues
- HealthChampionSM2—Offers unlimited access to benefit specialists and nurses for administrative and clinical support to address medical care and claims concerns.3
1 Benefits payable will be subject to the plan’s Pre-existing Conditions Limitation.
2 Ability Assist® & Health ChampionSM services are offered through The Hartford by ComPsych®. ComPsych is not affiliated with The Hartford and is not a provider of insurance services. The Hartford is not responsible and assumes no liability for the goods and services provided by ComPsych. ComPsych is a registered trademark and Health Champion is a service mark of ComPsych Corporation.
3 HealthChampionSM specialists are only available during business hours. Inquirers outside of this timeframe can either request a call-back the next day or schedule an appointment.
The Hartford® is The Hartford Financial Services Group, Inc. and its subsidiaries including issuing companies Hartford Life Insurance Company and Hartford Life and Accident Insurance Company. Home office is Hartford, CT.
Speak to Your Hartford Representative Today
Let us help you select the right plan options to fit your employees needs today.
Why Short-term Disability Insurance?
Learn more about how our Voluntary Short-term Disability Insurance can benefit you and your employees.
Get the Facts
Help protect your employees’ paychecks. Get the facts today!
Empower Your Employees
Help employees learn about their benefits the simple, interactive way.
Find forms, check claims status, access reports, pay bills and more.