Voluntary Life & Accident Insurance
Providing a Safety Net
Smart, Flexible Solutions
Protecting your employees against worst case scenarios is not only smart, but a caring and responsible choice. The Hartford can help meet diverse needs with supplemental/voluntary life programs that can help curb company costs, while helping employees better prepare for an unexpected loss or event.
Voluntary Life Insurance
The Hartford's supplemental Life insurance allows your employees to purchase additional coverage for themselves and their families. Some highlights include:
- An enhanced continuity of coverage clause that prevents employees from being stranded without coverage on our policy transfer date – even if they're not actively at work on that day.
- A generous living benefit option: Terminally Ill employees or dependents can accelerate their benefits, up to $500,000.
- No interruption in premium waiver elimination period for employees who attempt to return to work for up to five days.
- A portability option and conversion is offered with our life insurance product. If your employees leave your company, or under other qualifying conditions, they can take all or a portion of their coverage with them.
- A variety of programs that provide employees access to online tools and services that can guide them through major life decisions, such as creating a will, or funeral planning.
- Real-time decisions through our online Evidence of Insurability system.
- Online beneficiary management.
- Multiple billing options that help ensure an accurate and streamlined process.
Voluntary Accidental Death and Dismemberment Insurance
Accidents happen to commuters as well as do-it-yourselfers, weekend joggers, workers and homebodies alike. So it makes sense to offer your employees protection with accidental death and dismemberment coverage. And since it's voluntary, it will help minimize your cost.
This coverage can be offered on a stand-alone or combined basis (with Life insurance) as 100 percent voluntary/employee-paid or as supplemental/buy-up coverage where employees can purchase additional accidental death and dismemberment coverage protection.
Here is what they can receive under a plan from The Hartford:
- Protection against losses from unforeseen covered accidents, available for dependent children and spouses as well as employees
- Twenty-four-hour accident coverage that can be combined with Group Life or purchased as a stand-alone product
- A generous rider or options package beyond industry standards
- Numerous optional benefits to customize employee coverage
Care. Compassion. Service. It's What We Do.
Life and accident claims can be emotional and stressful events in our lives. Our value-added employee services help make difficult times a little bit easier. Learn more about:
- Beneficiary Counseling Services1 (life, accidental death and dismemberment coverage)
- Travel Assistance & ID Theft Protection Services2 (life, accidental death and dismemberment coverage)
- Funeral Planning & Concierge Services3 (life)
- EstateGuidance® Will Preparation Services4 (life)
For more information on The Hartford's voluntary benefits solutions, talk to a Hartford sales representative today. Find a sales rep
1Beneficiary Assist® is offered through The Hartford by ComPsych®. ComPsych is not affiliated with The Hartford and is not a provider of insurance services.
2 Travel Assistance and ID Theft Protection Services are provided Europ Assistance USA. Europ Assistance is not affiliated with The Hartford and is not a provider of insurance services.
3 Funeral Planning & Concierge Services are offered through Everest Funeral Package, LLC (Everest). Everest and the Everest logo are service marks of Everest Funeral Package, LLC. Everest is not affiliated with The Hartford and is not a provider of insurance services. Everest and its affiliates have no affiliation with Everest ReGroup, Ltd., Everest Reinsurance Company or any of their affiliates.
4 EstateGuidance® services are provided through The Hartford by ComPsych®. ComPsych is not affiliated with The Hartford and is not a provider of insurance services. A simple will does not cover credit shelter trust, printing or certain other features. These features are available at an additional cost to you.
Request More Information
It's time you got in touch. Have your local Hartford sales representative contact you based on your needs.
Find forms, check claims status, access reports, pay bills and more.
Empower Your Employees
Help employees learn about their benefits the simple, interactive way.
A customer shares her experience with group life insurance from The Hartford.