Employee And Manager Self-Service Policy
The Hartford has made automated manager and employee self-service applications available to Hartford employees, who have responsibility for processing transactions as prescribed and for keeping their personal information current. Managers have the additional responsibility of maintaining employment information related to their direct reports.
Managers and employees are responsible for adherence to company policy. Failure to do so may result in disciplinary action up to and including termination.
The Company uses employee and work-related information continuously and for various purposes, including emergency situations. It is critical to The Hartford's business and to the well-being of employees that data be accurate, confidential and current.
This policy applies to all active employees of The Hartford and its participating subsidiaries who are based in U.S. locations of The Hartford.
Applying the Policy
- Self-service applications are accessed through iConnect (e.g., My Profile tab on myHR, i-Connect Phone Directory, eTravel and Expenses, and Ariba), as well as through myHR (e.g., My Profile tab, My Pay & Benefits tab, etc.)
- Prescribed usage methods enhance productivity and ensure employee data accuracy.
- Proxy functionality may be available with certain self-service applications. Those who delegate their responsibilities to others through proxy functionality will be held responsible should any breaches in confidentiality occur.
- Employees have sole responsibility for keeping their personal data current in the Service Directory. The My Profile tab on myHR and the iConnect Phone Directory are the data sources for this information. All other systems that display this information will obtain it from one of these sources. The Company assumes no responsibility for lost mail, erroneous emergency contact information and the like, that occurs due to the employee's failure to keep this data current.
- Employees hired after September 1, 2002 are required to use their first, middle and last legal name across all systems. All other employees must ensure their last names (and to whatever extent is possible, their first names) are identical across all Hartford systems.
Example: Any employee who records his/her last name as hyphenated in the HR system will be required to record it identically in all Hartford systems. Note: The name used in the HR system is the employee’s legal name and therefore must match the employee’s name as it appears on their social security card.
This practice supports: data integrity, data integration across Hartford systems with a minimal amount of expense and/or human intervention, our ability to accurately track the location of each employee, employee eligibility for social security benefits under the legally correct name and the Company's ability to communicate with employees in the event of a disaster.
- All employees are strongly encouraged to indicate preferred names (if different from legal name) by use of the Service Directory.