The Carrier You and Your
Clients Can Count On
We Invest in You
In the Personal Insurance arena, The Hartford is consistently a market leader. We continuously invest in our independent agents to better serve you and your clients. We recognize that our mutual success is based on how hard we are working for you - generating tools, products and support to help you to succeed.
Our Broad Range of Products and Capabilities
Our auto and home insurance products are highly competitive and positioned to help you attract and retain business:
- Packaged auto coverage options help you meet the needs and budgets for more of your customers.
- Homeowners insurance that grows with customers throughout their life stages, helping you close more sales and retain business. You can capitalize on existing monoline customer relationships, broaden eligibility, offer highly competitive rates and provide new levels of protection to your customers.
Additional Products that Deliver New Customers
- Personal Umbrella Protection
- Motor Home
- Unique endorsements:
- Coverages for Auto including vehicle replacement and disappearing deductible
- Assisted living care coverage
- Auto and Homeowners packages that bundle popular coverages
- Rescue 1-800® Roadside Assistance
- Value-added optional coverage: including identity theft
Plus, get a 12-month policy option for Auto and account credits when both auto and home policies are purchased.
Superior Claims Services
At no time is the value of an insurance relationship more acutely felt than during a claim. That's when your customers depend on you most, and you need our most attentive and comprehensive service:
- Toll-free, 24/7 claim reporting with a personal touch.
- All claim calls are answered by a trained Hartford professional, 24 hours a day. We immediately assign a Customer Care Team with a dedicated claim representative.
- Our trained professionals are on site within hours to minimize damage from water claims.
- Emergency Claim Card acts as an ATM card, provides insureds who've suffered a property loss with immediate funds to help them with even minor, day-to-day expenses.
- Our Claims Expediters decrease cycle time from days to hours on auto claims.
- Our auto repair service program offers your customers a convenient referral, and guarantees workmanship as long as your clients own their car.
Strong Agency Relationships
Our Personal Lines Sales Representatives work with you directly to meet your specific needs, and our dedicated underwriters have the authority and flexibility to work with you to address your requirements.
Our J.D. Power certified Customer Centers deliver extraordinary service in your agency's name, adding value for you and your clients. Our industry-leading capabilities put your customers at ease, leaving you free to focus on what you do best-growing your business.
Ease of Doing Business
In Personal Lines, technology is the key to saving you time and helping your bottom line. We're continually investing in time-saving technology and automation that makes us flexible, fast and easy to work with:
- Real Time Connection - Provides real-time quoting, issuing personal auto, personal umbrella protection and homeowners.
- The Hartford ExpressWaySM - Connects your Agency Management System or Comparative Rater with The Hartford and eliminates duplicate data entry processing for new business quoting and issuing. Reduces the average quote time to less than three minutes for home and auto.
- QTI Bridge - Enables agents to transfer customer data seamlessly from most comparative raters and agency management systems, thus eliminating the re-keying of common data fields.
- Policy Change Center - Allows agents to make auto endorsements in real time, with over 95% of transactions processed straight-through, without requiring intervention. Enables you to save time, providing more time to sell and an opportunity to increase customer satisfaction and retention.
This document outlines in general terms the coverages that may be afforded under a Hartford policy. All policies must be examined carefully to determine suitability for your needs and to identify any exclusions, limitations or any other terms and conditions that may specifically affect coverage. In the event of a conflict, the terms and conditions of the policy prevail. All Hartford coverages described in this document may be offered by one or more of the property and casualty insurance company subsidiaries of The Hartford Financial Services Group, Inc.
Join The Hartford
Become an agent for The Hartford and get unparalleled support.
Log in to EBC
Log in to the eBusiness Center (EBC) for tools and training to help you manage your business.
Hartford School of Insurance
Your education is our passion: Training, programs and CE to empower your success.