Proudly Protecting People for More Than 200 Years
From our 70-year-old Junior Fire Marshal program teaching children about fire safety to our support of a new program launched in 2016, Hartford Youth Service Corps., The Hartford has a proud history of helping protect people, their families, and the things that are most important to them:
- Promoting fire safety to children across the country through our Junior Fire Marshal program, which has already reached more than 110 million youngsters.
The Hartford’s Center for Mature Market Excellence promotes safety at all life stages:
- Support for Hartford Youth Service Corps., an effort focused on providing youth in need of employment meaningful opportunities to earn a living through community service-based projects directly impacting the neighborhood, such as clearing snow for the elderly.
- Empowering local youth to realize their potential through mentoring, sports, education and a positive relationship with police officers through support for the Police Athletic League
- Participating in the COMPASS Junior Peacebuilders Program, helping to bring area youth needs-based services during school, after school and within the community
- Providing support to the CT Center for Non-Violence in its effort to empower communities to reconcile conflict through education and the arts.