Helping Communities Succeed
At The Hartford, we are committed to nurturing the well-being of America’s neighborhoods, enriching the lives of people and businesses to help create more successful communities. Our programs provide young people the opportunity to gain basic skills they need to succeed in life, enable adults to retain their mobility and independence as they age, and help people with disabilities achieve their full potential.
Our success is measured by the impact of our activities, which include:
- Inspiring generations of business leaders and supporting underserved neighborhood business owners through our national program that provides a Small Business Boost in partnership with Accion, LiftFund, Junior Achievement and AARP Foundation.
- Supporting our nation’s U.S. Paralympic athletes who personify The Hartford’s “Ability Philosophy.” The Hartford became a founding sponsor of the U.S. Paralympics, a division of the U.S. Olympic Committee, in 2003 and is a proud ongoing partner of the organization.
- Helping to establish a commercial kitchen providing training to individuals for future employment in the food service industry.
- Partnering both locally and nationally with Junior Achievement to bring financial literacy skills to young people.
- Educating hundreds of city children through our long-standing partnership with Teach for America.
- Supporting community school partner the Boys & Girls Club, to provide a safe place and educational enrichment to hundreds of children during and after school.
Enabling on-site student advisory services for high school students to help with college exploration and workforce readiness.