- Electronic data or computer equipment is damaged by a covered cause of loss.
- Built-in or mobile equipment breaks down.
- The firm loses income because utilities such as electricity or communications services are interrupted due to a covered cause of loss.
- Satellites need recalibration or tuning due to a covered loss.
Broadcasters depend on transmission towers and Property Choice from The Hartford can cover damage to a tower as well as the income that is lost due to the covered damage while the tower is inoperable.
General Liability Coverage
Umbrella and Excess Liability Coverage
Management Liability Coverage
- Directors, Officers and Entity Liability Coverage (D&O) – helps protect mass media businesses, their directors, officers and management team against loss that arises out of the day-to-day decision making operations and management of the company.
- Employment Practices Liability Coverage (EPL) – helps protect mass media businesses from damages and defense costs that arise out of employment-related disputes, including but not limited to alleged discrimination, sexual harassment, violation of the Family and Medical Leave Act, refusal to hire and wrongful termination or discipline.
- Fiduciary Coverage – helps cover employee claims related to the design, administration and maintenance of company-sponsored retirement, health, and other employee benefit plans.
- Crime Coverage – helps protect mass media businesses against loss from employee theft, computer fraud, and other similar crimes.
- Kidnap/Ransom & Extortion Coverage (K&R) – helps protect against financial losses due to kidnap and ransom/extortion, both in the U.S. and abroad.
Representations and Warranties Coverage (R&W) – helps mass media businesses reduce common merger and acquisition (M&A) risks.
Workers’ Compensation Insurance
Commercial Auto Coverage
The Hartford’s commercial auto coverage helps protect the vehicles that a business owns, leases, rents or borrows – on the road and off. At no additional cost, commercial auto insurance helps cover electronic equipment in vehicles, as well as lease and loan gaps. In addition, The Hartford provides a wide range of specialized services designed to help businesses improve their drivers’ safety.
Cyber Security Coverage
In the event of a breach where personally identifiable information is lost or stolen, this coverage helps pay the costs of notifying impacted individuals, managing public relations, good faith advertising, and more. Additionally, coverage includes access to professionals who can provide guidance on data breach prevention best practices, regulatory compliance, and methods for handling a breach crisis if one occurs. In most states, coverage is also available for defense and liability expenses in the event you're sued because of a breach.
The Hartford publishes reviews so you can read about actual experiences our customers have shared. The reviews on this site are individual descriptions of costs, savings amounts, and customer experiences with our products and services that will vary based on their unique circumstances. Please note that each review is presented in its original form after having been reviewed by The Hartford and reviews are not representative of all customers.
The Hartford publishes reviews in order that site visitors may learn from actual experiences our customers have shared.
The Hartford applies several guidelines in the consideration of customer reviews for publication on our web site.
In general, reviews are published if they are relevant to the experience and not defamatory.
While the application of publishing guidelines is a subjective process, the following are frequent reasons which may prevent posting of a review:
- Derogatory, abusive, threatening or offensive language and statements will disqualify a review from being published.
- In order to protect our customers' privacy, and that of our employees and business partners, reviews containing personally identifiable information will not be published.
- We do not publish reviews citing exact premium and settlement amounts.
- We do not publish reviews that include a description of illegal activity or reference pending or current litigation.
- We do not edit, correct, or modify ratings or reviews, regardless of content or tone.