Postpone Payment (Use It as a Loan to Your Company)
This is a creative and flexible compromise solution.
- Eases financial burden. The company has limited resources now, so anything that eases overhead can help.
- Recognizes your need for fair compensation. You make a sacrifice by deferring compensation, but you receive it eventually.
- Shows smart management and long-term commitment. This helps the company survive and shows your commitment to its long-term success.
It could create additional administrative tasks.
- Possible tax or accounting issues. You’ll need to talk with your accountant or attorney about how best to arrange a loan to the company, how to account for it, and any tax consequences.
- Are you able to lend the company money (i.e. – defer payment)?
- How important is it for you to receive a higher salary, even if it is deferred?