Put Your Career on the Fast Track
If you have a passion for finance and investment consider launching your career at Hartford Investment Management Company (HIMCO). HIMCO is a registered investment adviser with the Securities and Exchange Commission with over $100 billion in assets under management across the fixed income, equity, and alternatives markets, in strategies on behalf of The Hartford’s general account and defined benefits (DB) plan, as well as institutional and retail investors, including insurance companies, corporate retirement plans, public funds, endowments, foundations and sub-advisory relationships.
As an investment analyst in our program, you will support the work of the senior asset management team in areas that could include Insurance Portfolio Management, Mezzanine and Private Equity, Private Placements, and Public Fixed Income Funds Management. You’ll support credit analysts and portfolio managers in the investment process.
These opportunities will allow you to work with top industry talent and gain the core competencies and foundational experience for a promising career in investment management. You will begin developing expertise in the fundamentals of security, market, economic and portfolio risk analysis, including fundamental and technical trend analysis.
Specialized Training and Development
At Hartford Investment Management (HIMCO), our sole business is asset management. As a HIMCO investment analyst in the program, you’ll have the opportunity to learn in a variety of different formats. You will be involved in a mentoring program, participate in a simulated trading game, attend “lunch and learns” with senior leaders, go to industry conferences, and be sponsored in the Certified Financial Analyst (CFA) Program. Our goal is to recruit analysts to the program with the expectation that they will complete the experience and remain as valuable HIMCO employees. The program is located in Hartford, CT.
- Developing expertise in fundamentals of security, market, economic, and portfolio risk analysis, including fundamental and technical trend analysis.
- Supporting the maintenance and monitoring of analytic values and indicative security data.
- Providing data to assess, control and optimize credit and market risk using internal and external applications.
- Conducting research on companies, industries, securities, markets, portfolios and assets.
- Communicating analysis results and conclusions to senior investment professionals.
- Bachelor’s degree in Finance, Economics or a demonstrated interest in the Financial Markets
- High degree of initiative and intellectual curiosity
- Critical thinker with exceptional analytical skills
- Demonstrated ability to effectively manage multiple and competing priorities
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Collaborative and team-oriented attitude
- Self-motivated with a commitment to excellence
- High proficiency in Excel with good modeling expertise
- Minimum of 3.2 GPA highly preferred