Realize Your Marketing Leadership Potential
Are you creative? Do you have outstanding communications skills? Do you have a passion for solving complex problems? Are you energized by a competitive environment? If you answered YES to all of these questions, then you should consider The Hartford’s Early Career Leadership Development Program (ECLDP) in Marketing.
Our program offers both an undergraduate internship and a three-year rotational program designed to develop the core competencies and experience that current students and recent graduates need to launch a successful career as a marketing professional.
As an ECLDP Marketing associate, you will engage in challenging assignments that focus on developing your marketing and advertising capabilities, broadening your knowledge of our company, our brand, our business lines and products. You’ll also learn how to navigate the enterprise and strengthen your leadership skills.
You will develop marketing core competencies through assignments that support our Marketing organizations within our business units as well as at the enterprise level by strengthening our brand and attracting customers to The Hartford through a variety of mediums including, print, direct mail, television, radio, and a number of digital platforms.
- College Senior expected to graduate with at least a 3.2 GPA.
- College sophomores and juniors with at least a 3.2 GPA may apply for a summer internship.
- Desired majors include, but are not limited to; Marketing, Communications and Business Management
- Strong desire to succeed and win within a team-oriented culture
- Solid business acumen, including analytical skills
- Proven project management, planning and organizational skills
- Demonstrated leadership potential through classroom and extracurricular activities
- Enthusiastic personality and strong communication skills
- Ability to multi-task, prioritize assignments and meet deadlines in a fast paced environment while paying attention to details and quality of work
- Ability to quickly adapt to new situations and changing business needs
- Ability to work both independently and also in a team setting
- Proficient with Microsoft Office tools, specifically Excel and PowerPoint
Frequently Asked Questions
Q: When does recruiting for the program start?
A: We begin our recruiting efforts in the early fall around September for both full time participants and interns.
Q: Is your training classroom based?
A: Our training program is a combination of on-line, manual and classroom style teaching.
Q: How long is the Internship program?
A: The ECLDP Marketing internship is a 10-12 week program that begins in late May/early June and ends in mid-August
Q: What types of assignments can I expect over the summer?
A: ECLDP Marketing summer internship assignments are meaningful projects that utilize and develop your skills at solving real world business challenges. You’ll also participate in a Capstone team research project and presentation with your fellow interns.
Q: Does The Hartford provide housing?
A: We provide housing for interns who qualify.
Q: Where do you have locations for these opportunities?
A: The LDP Marketing internships take place at our Hartford, CT offices.