Realize Your Product Management Leadership Potential
If you have a passion for solving complex problems, strong organizational skills, are energized by a competitive environment, and are driven to succeed both academically and professionally, consider The Hartford’s Early Career Leadership Development Program (ECLDP) in Product Management.
Our program offers both an undergraduate internship and a three-year rotational program designed to develop the core competencies and experience students, and recent graduates need to launch a successful career in product management.
As an ECLDP Product Management associate, you will engage in challenging assignments that focus on developing your product management skills, broadening your knowledge of our company, our brand, our business lines and products. You will also learn how to navigate the enterprise and strengthen your leadership skills.
You will develop core competencies in product management through assignments that support our Product Management organization in The Hartford’s Personal Lines and Small Commercial business units. Assignments will include projects in the areas of:
- Competitor Analysis
- Market Evaluation
- New Product Research and Development
- College Senior expected to graduate with at least a 3.2 GPA.
- College sophomores and juniors with at least a 3.2 GPA may apply for a summer internship.
- Desired majors include, but are not limited to; Economics, Mathematics, Statistics, Insurance & Risk Management, and Actuarial Science
- Strong desire to succeed and win within a team-oriented culture
- Solid business acumen, including mathematical and analytical skills
- Proven project management, planning and organizational skills
- Demonstrated leadership potential through classroom and extracurricular activities
- Enthusiastic personality and strong communication skills
- Ability to multi-task, prioritize assignments and meet deadlines in a fast paced environment while paying attention to details and quality of work
- Ability to quickly adapt to new situations and changing business needs
- Ability to work both independently and also in a team setting
- Proficient with Microsoft Office tools, specifically Excel and PowerPoint
Frequently Asked Questions
Full Time Associates
Q: When does recruiting for the program start?
A: We begin our recruiting efforts in the early fall around September for both full time participants and interns.
Q: Is your training classroom based?
A: Our professional development program is a combination of on-line, manual and classroom style teaching.
Q: How long is the Internship program?
A: The ECLDP Product Management internship is a 10-12 week program that begins in late May/early June and ends in mid-August
Q: What types of assignments can I expect over the summer?
A: ECLDP Product Management summer internship assignments are meaningful projects that utilize and develop your skills at solving real world business challenges. You’ll also participate in a Capstone team research project and presentation with your fellow interns.
Q: Does The Hartford provide housing?
A: We provide housing for those interns who qualify.
Q: Where do you have locations for these opportunities?
A: The ECLDP Product Management internships take place at our Hartford, CT offices.