Who We Serve
We serve midsize and large accounts that have higher-hazard Products Liability or Premises-Operations Liability exposures.
- GL premium at least $20,000
- For Products: Manufacturers, wholesalers, distributors, importers
- For Prem-Ops: Service firms, real estate, retail with SIRs or deductibles at least $10,000
Specialty GL is a dedicated group of underwriters, risk engineering consultants and liability claims specialists experienced in hard-to-place products and premises risks. We face catastrophic exposures in our high-hazard book every day. We offer:
- Admitted Hartford paper
- Potentially higher commissions than the Excess & Surplus (E&S) market
- Premium counts toward incentive compensation plans
- Full CGL or Products-only
- Excess/Umbrella $25 million capacity (only over Hartford primary)
- Discontinued products coverage
- Prior acts coverage
- Manuscript coverage
- Worldwide coverage
- Deductibles, SIRs or first-dollar (guaranteed-cost)
- Occurrence or claims-made forms
- Dedicated claims manager experienced in product liability litigation
- TPA or self-administered claim-handling (for SIR policies)
- Installments and direct-bill available
Why Choose The Hartford
Do you have a tough liability risk? Has your client experienced a large liability loss or been non-renewed? Talk to our professionals in Specialty GL. They write classes that your standard underwriter may not even consider. We face catastrophic exposures in our high-hazard book every day and are prepared for large losses.
Who To Contact
Contact your local Specialty GL or Middle Market Underwriter or email Fran Abdoo, Director Specialty General Liability.