Who We Serve
The Hartford offers insurance for private nonprofit schools grades K-12, as well as private nonprofit colleges with fewer than 5,000 students.
In Middle Market, we have an appetite for:
- 8211 Boarding and Day Schools
- 8211 Private Nonprofit Elementary and Secondary Schools (K-12)
- 8211 Sectarian and Non-Sectarian Schools
- 8211 Charter Schools in approved states
- 8221 Private, Nonprofit Private colleges
- Specialized Property Insurance Coverages for Schools and Colleges, including specified limits for Athletic Uniforms, Band Uniforms, Theatre Costumes, Musical Instruments, Personal Effects of Students and Faculty Personal Effects
- Crisis Event Coverage Endorsement
- Educators or College Educators General Liability Endorsement including Incidental Medical Malpractice, Med Payments for students and student-athletes, Foreign Travel and Per Campus General Aggregate
- Limited Liability Coverage for Negligence Related to Sexual Abuse & Molestation with optional Wrongfully Accused Defense Reimbursement Coverage
- Law Enforcement Liability
Educator’s Legal Liability
- Educators Wrongful Acts
- Directors & Officers Wrongful Acts
- Employment Practices Wrongful Acts
- Employee Benefits Wrongful Acts
ERISA-Related Fiduciary Liability Through Hartford Financial Products
- Commercial Automobile
- Workers’ Compensation
Why Choose The Hartford
- The Hartford has been a market for private education since the 1800s.
- Educators Legal Liability policyholders receive free access to www.hartfordhelp.com, our exclusive Web-based training and information system focused on employment practices issues.
- The Hartford has a wide array of education-specific risk management services offered through email, online and in person by our professional risk engineering staff. Some of these services include webinars, technical information papers and onsite consultations.
Who To Contact
Contact your local Hartford representative or email us at email@example.com.