Who We Serve
The Hartford can design and implement an integrated absence management program for employers with 500 or more employees.
Employers seeking an absence program provided by a single carrier.
THPA, a single-source absence management solution, is comprised of four products and services: Workers' Compensation, Short Term Disability – Insured or ASO, Long Term Disability – Insured, and Leave Management. THPA features include:
- Single intake process with one phone number to report a Workers' Compensation or Disability claim or to request a leave of absence.
- System-supported leave management process to automatically identify certain corresponding federal, state or employer-specific leaves that might apply to an absence.
- Automatic initiation of the STD process when a Workers' Compensation claim is denied.
- Transition of Workers' Compensation lost-time claims to LTD when applicable.
- Automated transfer of claims data to the Leave Management system to initiate the associated leave.
- Consolidated claim and leave management reporting.
- Transactional reports, including data on new leaves, open leave inventory, estimated returns-to-work, closed leaves, leave status and time used.
- For larger accounts, Productivity Analysis and Outcomes provides a detailed analysis of claim and leave trends.
Why Choose The Hartford
- Bottom line: Vendor consolidation, relief from administering multiple leaves and reduced risk of benefit overpayments and other duplicate claims costs.
- Productivity: Strategies focused on loss prevention and mitigation, and industry-leading return-to-work programs.
- Improved compliance: Administration of multiple leaves based on complex and changing leave legislation.
- Consolidated reporting and analytics: Measurement of program effectiveness, identification of trends/issues and help managing day-to-day absences.
- Simplicity: One call starts the management process for multiple types of leaves.
Who To Contact