Powerful Income Protection, Better Business Outcomes
Businesses can help employees protect their incomes and rebuild their lives after an unexpected event with Group Disability Insurance products from The Hartford. Our products include a broad variety of absence management and claims support services designed to streamline administration, ease the claims process, and get employees back to work as soon as is reasonably possible.
When employees are unable to work because of a disabling injury or illness, Short-Term Disability Insurance helps by replacing part of their income. Our group disability product makes the whole process easier for everyone because:
- Nurses handle the claims, providing a compassionate and efficient experience that can reduce the length of absences.
- We can integrate the processes related to short-term disability and leave management.
Long-Term Disability: Continuing Protection
Like Short-Term Disability, our Long-Term Disability Insurance product is carefully designed to emphasize ability, not limitations. It helps address an employee’s need for a secure income with a business’ need for the best possible work outcome.
- The way we define disability can help employees avoid a loss in earnings, with a 100% return to work incentive formula.
- Ability Assist®1 is a value-added service designed to help provide employees with emotional, legal, and financial guidance and make it easier for them to focus on their recovery.
- A rehabilitation program that offers vocational and job placement services, as well as work-related guidance and resources.
Statutory Disability: Keeping It Simple
State-mandated disability insurance requirements can change frequently. To stay compliant, it takes experience and up-to-date knowledge. The Hartford's group disability team can help provide that for you. We help businesses meet state requirements, protect their workforce, and relieve staff of legal, regulatory and administrative burdens.
Care, Compassion, Service – It’s What We Do
Disability claims can be emotional and stressful events. Our Value-Added Employee Services help make difficult times a little bit easier. These services include:
- Travel Assistance & ID Theft Protection Services3 (Life, Accident and Long-Term Disability)
- Ability Assist®4 (Short-Term and Long-Term Disability)
- HealthChampionSM5 (Short-Term and Long-Term Disability)
5759m NS 02/18
Disability Form Series includes GBD-1000, GBD-1200, or state equivalent.
3 Travel Assistance and Identity Theft services are provided by Generali Global Assistance, Inc. Generali Global Assistance, Inc. is not affiliated with The Hartford and is not a provider of insurance services. Generali Global Assistance, Inc. may modify or terminate all or any part of the service at any time without prior notice. None of the benefits provided by Generali Global Assistance, Inc. as a part of the Travel Assistance and Identity Theft service are insurance. Visit https://www.thehartford.com/employee-benefits/value-added-services for more information.