Employers receptive to working with us to bridge the “disability-to-work” spectrum can see results in direct and indirect savings. We consult with our clients to improve their practices, and facilitate opportunities with our network of skilled professionals.
Return-to-Work Coordination = Employee Support
Our Registered Nurses and Certified Vocational Rehabilitation Counselors are dedicated to helping disabled persons find their way to a productive work life. They often:
- Negotiate with treatment provides on how much work and when
- Help the employer explore options for both temporary and permanent situations
- Offer vocational exploration into new work considerations when needed and desired
Our team’s focus on RTW in Short Term Disability has a shown that, on average, the disabled person returns to work 5 days sooner1 than initially predicted by their treatment provider.
The Hartford’s ADA Resources
The Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) and the ADA Amendments Act (ADAAA) impact employers, job applicants and disabled workers. Employers primarily need to focus on determining if and when accommodations can be made for their disabled employees or job candidates.
How Can The Hartford Help?
- ADA Services Program – designed to help employers identify, track and report on ADA-related activities2
- Consult on practices which support an effective ADA process
- Provide Job Analysis services to ensure your team is working with the most current and accurate job information
- Educational Webinars
1 The Hartford’s Internal Claims Data, 2016
2 This service does not assure compliance with requirements for “reasonable accommodations” under the ADA. The Hartford does not provide legal advice related to ADA compliance. The information contained herein is not to be construed as legal advice and is informational only. For legal advice, please contact the counsel of your choice.
The Hartford® is The Hartford Financial Services Group, Inc. and its subsidiaries, including issuing companies Hartford Life Insurance Company and Hartford Life and Accident Insurance Company. Home Office is Hartford, CT.
5759h NS 06/17