New York State mandated that all private-sector employers employing workers in New York must provide Paid Family Leave beginning January 1, 2018. As we enter into 2019, New York State has announced the benefit and rate information for all employers.
If you are a current policy holder, here’s what you need to know:
- PFL benefit rate increases from 50% in 2018 to 55% in 2019
- Maximum benefit per week increases to: $746.41/week
- The duration of benefits increases from 8 weeks in 2018 to 10 weeks in 2019
- PFL employee deduction rate increases from .126% in 2018 to .153% in 2019
- The maximum employee contribution increases to $107.97 in 2019
- The NY Statewide Average Weekly Wage for 2019 PFL is: $1357.11
- The annual PFL covered wage cap for 2019 is $70,569.72
- There are no changes to the NY DBL benefits
- PFL Riders for 2019 will be mailed to you in the coming weeks
For more information on Paid Family Leave, visit paidfamilyleave.ny.gov, or contact your representative at The Hartford today.
6518f NS REV 10/18
This informational material is subject to change as we continue to receive guidance from NY. It shall not be considered legal advice. The Hartford assumes no responsibility for legal compliance with respect to your business practices, and the views and recommendations contained herein shall not constitute our undertaking on your behalf, or for the benefit of others, to determine or warrant that your business operations are in compliance with any law, rule, or regulation. Those seeking resolution of specific legal or business issues, questions, or concerns regarding this topic should consult their own attorney or business advisors.
Statutory Disability Form Series includes GBD-1850, or state equivalent and Statutory Family Leave Form Series includes GBD-1851 or state equivalent.