The cost of a cyber breach goes beyond inconvenience and notification expenses to the very heart of a company’s reputation. More often than not, response to a breach plays a critical role in whether financial loss results and reputational damage occurs.
When a breach occurs, the clock starts ticking. Having someone who knows the proper course of action, and who can help a policyholder respond better and quicker, is essential. At The Hartford, we’re a true partner to our policyholders, providing rapid support when a breach occurs. Policyholders have access to The Hartford’s Cyber Breach Helpline. A Hartford consultant will respond to the policyholder within 4 business hours of their initial call.
Having a response plan in place backed by the strength of third-party resources is crucial to helping businesses efficiently and cost-effectively respond to a breach so they can prevail. That’s why we’ve developed an extensive panel of outside professionals with deep breach response expertise. We call them CyberChoice First Responders and they are always at the ready.1
Our panel provides the complete support a business needs after a breach. Our First Responders will help policyholders round out their incident response plan, comply with regulatory requirements, and protect their brand all while providing real identity risk solutions to their customers. Policyholders will also receive the additional benefits of:
- Pre-negotiated rates
- Vendor availability
- Coordinated, emergency response
Legal Services: Breach counseling to help determine if a breach has occurred and to manage the breach response process.
- Mullen Coughlin
- Marshall, Dennehey, Warner, Coleman & Goggin
- Lewis Brisbois Bisgaard & Smith LLP
- McDonald Hopkins, LLC
Relations and Crisis Communications: Crisis management and public relations to help restore your business's reputation.
- Fleishman-Hillard, International Communications
Computer Forensics: Computer forensic investigations to determine the nature and scope of the incident.
- Kroll Advisory Solutions
- Trustwave, SpiderLabs
- Kivu Consulting
- Stoz Friedberg
Notification Services and Call Center: Notification and call center assistance to help prepare notification letters that comply with regulatory requirements.
- AllClear ID
- Epiq Systems
- ID Experts
Credit Monitoring and Identity Protection Services: Remediation recommendations for impacted individuals, such as credit monitoring and identity protection and restoration.
- AllClear ID
- ID Experts
- Experian Data Breach Resolution
The Hartford and our CyberChoice First Responders are committed to helping businesses get through a breach every step of the way. We’ll help manage unfolding events with immediate support. With a 200+ year history of delivering on our promises, businesses can count on The Hartford to help them prevail after a cyber breach.
CyberChoice First Response is offered on a SURPLUS LINES basis.* This material is not to be used for solicitation purposes. It should only be provided to a prospective policyholder who has been determined to be eligible for, and has requested information on, The Hartford’s non-admitted cyber product.
1 Via an approved cyber security provider.
Coverage is available by endorsement.
* Eligibility for surplus insurance coverage is subject to state regulation and requires the use of a licensed surplus lines broker. Surplus lines insurance policies are generally not protected by state guaranty funds. Policies should be examined carefully for suitability and to identify all exclusions, limitations, and other terms and conditions. Surplus lines coverage is underwritten by Pacific Ins. Co. Ltd (except in CT and HI) and Hartford Ins. Co. of Illinois in CT and HI. The Hartford® is The Hartford Financial Services Group, Inc. and its subsidiaries. Its headquarters is in Hartford, CT.