Products & Services
for Maritime Employers
The Hartford has partnered with The American Equity Underwriters, Inc (AEU) to administer a simplified workers’ compensation solution for maritime business clients.
The U.S. Federal Longshore and Harbor Workers’ Compensation Act (USL&H) requires maritime employers to provide compensation benefits to employees whose jobs involve working on or near navigable U.S. waters (such as loading and unloading cargo).
The AEU Program offers maritime employers access to:
- State-mandated workers’ compensation coverage from The Hartford
- Federally-mandated USL&H coverage through a group self-insurance fund authorized by the U.S. Department of Labor
- Specialized in-house loss control services along with renowned claim handling by FARA
This program targets employers working in the maritime industry whom may have an exposure under the USL&H Act:
- Loading and unloading cargo from ships
- Building and repairing ships
- Engaged in marine construction
- Working on or near navigable waters
For more information or to submit a quote, please contact:
The American Equity Underwriters, Inc. (AEU)
Julie Bland, Program Manager
11 North Water Street Mobile, AL 36602
Phone: (251) 690-4252
All coverages and services may not be available for all businesses or in all states. For details on what coverages and services are available to you, contact your agent at The Hartford today.
This page outlines in general terms the coverages and services that may be afforded under a Hartford policy. All policies must be examined carefully to determine suitability for your needs and to identify any exclusions, limitations or any other terms and conditions that may specifically affect coverage. In the event of a conflict, the terms and conditions of the policy prevail. All Hartford coverages and services described on this page may be offered by one or more of the property and casualty insurance.