Running a business is all about constant change – and sometimes that change is substantial. When a company undergoes a big transition, HR takes on an important role. Here are four major business events, and tips for effectively managing your employees through each.
- Don’t retrofit company cultures. Start fresh.
- Streamline and reduce the number of titles, levels and pay grades.
- The SEC requires public companies to do an S-1 Public Offering Filing, annual report (10-k), annual proxy, 8-k filings, and Forms 3, 4 and 5.
Prepare the Sales Agreement, the core document for purchasing/selling business assets and/or company stock.
- Dissolve legally by filing legal dissolution documents.
- Cancel licenses, permits, and business names. Close your EIN account, bank account and credit cards.