Security Guards Put Themselves on the Line Every Day
Security guards – and people who work in related fields – put themselves on the line every day. That’s why it’s important to provide them with the best possible workers’ compensation coverage.
Workers’ Compensation Coverage for Security Guards
Workers’ compensation insurance pays benefits to security guard employees who are absent from work due to a work related injury or illness. This coverage can also help pay for medical costs such as doctors’ visits, physical therapy, medical prescriptions and even surgery.
In the event that a security guard employee is out of work for an extended period, this insurance can provide a long-term disability benefit. If a security guard is able to return to work, but not able to perform his or her original duties, our workers’ compensation insurance can help cover the costs needed to transition them to new work duties they can perform. It can even help cover the costs associated with providing training for these new positions. In the unfortunate event that an employee dies from a work related injury or illness, benefits will be paid to his or her family.
Here are some of examples of how workers’ compensation insurance can help security guards:
- A security guard injures his ribs while escorting a disorderly patron from a bar. Workers’ compensation insurance will help cover the costs of his physical therapy fees, doctor’s visits and pain medication.
- A security guard at a cigar lounge develops respiratory illnesses from inhaling second hand smoke. Workers’ compensation will help cover not only his doctor’s fees but help with the process of placing this security guard in a position that he can continue to work.
- A security guard is fatally wounded in a confrontation with an attendee of a concert. Workers’ compensation will pay benefits to the guard’s family who depended on him.
Here are some of the benefits security guard businesses can have access to with our Workers’ Compensation Insurance:
- The Hartford’s Team•WorkSM Return-to-Work program helps get injured employees back on the job as soon as medically appropriate.
- Our Payroll Billing Option, offered at no extra cost, can help businesses more easily manage and monitor cash flow. It features premium payments based on actual payroll and timed to the company’s payroll schedule.
- Pay-as-You-Go Billing Solutions: Our pay-as-you-go billing solution bases charges on real-time payroll numbers. That helps make workers' compensation insurance premium payments more manageable by reducing large premium down payments, eliminating billing charges, and helping to avoid surprises during audits.
On top of all this, The Hartford can work with a security firm to find ways to reduce the risk of injury to their employees.