The Hartford’s Credit and Political Risk Insurance (CPRI) team helps financial institutions, private equity firms and multinational corporations manage their country and credit risk around the world. The Hartford’s credit and political risk products empower our clients to operate around the world with confidence and certainty.
Building upon our institutional knowledge of credit risk and how to manage such risks for our clients, The Hartford employs a seasoned team to provide credit insurance solutions to financial institutions worldwide. Our credit insurance product provides comprehensive non-payment coverage on trade and export finance exposures so that financial institutions can manage their exposures and accomplish their business goals.
Our coverage can be used by financial institutions to better manage their exposure to certain borrowers, sectors or countries. Such coverage can help financial institutions accomplish the following:
- Provide the capacity their clients demand without requiring a syndication of the risk to their competitors
- Manage overall counter-party and country aggregates
- Achieve regulatory capital relief for the exposure they insure by providing Basel-compliant policy wordings
Political Risk Insurance
In addition to our credit insurance product, the CPRI unit also provides world-class political risk insurance policies to help protect our clients’ investments against various political risks such as expropriation, political violence and currency inconvertibility. Our coverage can assist with various types of exposures including:
- Mobile assets such as oil equipment that needs to be in a foreign country for a fixed period of time
- Investments in manufacturing facilities around the world where our clients have committed significant capital and have become dependent on to produce the goods that they export around the world
- Infrastructure investments that private equity firms have committed large amounts of investment to for a long period of time
Our dedicated team of political risk and credit insurance underwriters is supported by a Country, Credit and Economic Research team headed up by a seasoned economist to help our clients understand the geopolitical landscape.