The TPA Services team provides claims management and oversight services for The Hartford’s unbundled book of property and casualty business. We’re committed to delivering better economic outcomes with the following attributes:
- Flexibility. Creative solutions that accommodate the needs of our customers and our TPA partners.
- Consistency. TPA Services applies The Hartford’s knowledge and strength to handling unbundled claims. We’re providing oversight and guidance in combination with our reputation for being recognized as a World’s Most Ethical Company® 10 times by The Ethisphere Institute.1
Great people. A seasoned team of claims professionals with 23 years of experience on average,2 relentlessly focused on delivering customer value. Our unbundled book comprises National Accounts, Captive Programs and other loss-sensitive customers that have opted to have their claims handled by a third-party administrator.
Working With Partners to Mitigate Risk
TPA Services is divided into four units: Claims Consulting, Quality Control, Data Management and Account Management. Each of these units works with our TPA business partners, customers and internal business partners to identify and mitigate risk and deliver superior customer service.
- The claims consultants provide claims oversight services for complex claims handled by our TPAs. By partnering with our TPAs, we can effectively identify and mitigate risk to help ensure quality claims handling. Our consultants bring many years of claims experience to their roles and are The Hartford’s first line of oversight with regard to the unbundled book.
- Our quality specialists regularly audit our TPA partners to drive delivery of the level of service our customers expect when buying insurance from The Hartford. As a result of the audit process, our team is able to identify and address adverse trends, facilitate improved claims handling practices and help ensure that our unbundled customers receive quality overall service.
- TPA Service’s data management group is the newest addition to the TPA Services team. This team is responsible for the timely and accurate flow of data between our TPAs and The Hartford. Partnering with the information technology teams of each of our approved TPAs, the data management group is building an industry-leading data experience for our customers.
Our account management team coordinates consultative and service efforts with both our TPAs and customers. Account managers help ensure that our TPAs meet The Hartford’s and its customers’ established expectations; manage customer service concerns; and act as a single point of contact for claims-related issues.
Our TPA Partners
The Hartford currently partners with the following TPAs in connection with new National Accounts and Construction business opportunities:
- Broadspire, by Crawford & Company
- Cannon Cochran Management Services (CCMSI)
- Gallagher Bassett
- Sedgwick Claims Management Services, Inc.
The Hartford also partners with CCMSI, Gallagher Bassett and Sedgwick in connection with new Captive Program business opportunities.
2 Reflects the average experience as of August 2017 for the TPA Services’ claim professionals.