Customized Benefits, Comprehensive Portfolio
Since 1949, The Hartford has worked with over 1,400 public administration employers to design benefits programs for their employees. We know the landscape pretty well. When you work with The Hartford to design a benefit package for your employees, we’ll work to:
- Match existing plan designs
- Accommodate collective bargaining agreements
- Understand public employee and state teacher retirement system (PERS, STRS) plans
- Customize benefits for special risks that police officers and firefighters face
- Collaborate with cooperatives and consortiums
Products That Stand out in the Industry
We offer a comprehensive portfolio of products that you can tailor to the needs of your employees:
- Group Disability with Short-term Disability (STD) and Long-term Disability (LTD).
- Group Life & Accident with Life Insurance, Accidental Death and Dismemberment (AD&D) coverage, and Travel Accident Insurance.
- Voluntary Benefits with Short-term Disability (STD), Long-term Disability (LTD), Life insurance, DisabilityFLEX,® Critical Illness,* Accident Insurance, and AD&D.
- Group Retiree Health with Flexible plans to supplement Medicare coverage.
And at No Additional Cost
Life Insurance and LTD Insurance come with a range of services that add value, such as EstateGuidance,®2 Beneficiary Assist,®2 Travel Assistance®3 and 24/7 ID theft protection while at home and away.3
Enhanced Line of Duty Coverage for Public Safety Officers
We recognize the hazards that your public safety employees face and we understand the absolute importance of protecting their families in the event of illness or death. That’s why we put together our Occupational Death Benefit specifically for public safety officials such as police and firefighters. This acts as a rider on a 100% employer-paid group life policy and may be offered as either a flat amount or as a salary multiple.
- Accident only – Death resulting directly from an on-the-job injury within 365 days of the accident.
- Accident plus specified disease – Accident-only coverage, plus coverage for certain diseases resulting from employment that were diagnosed while the employee was working, including cardiovascular disease, hypertension and silicosis, diseases of the lungs and respiratory tract, and renal disease.
- Accident plus specified disease with extension – Accident-only plus specified disease coverage as well as coverage for cardiovascular disease and hypertension diagnosed within one year of the last day of work.
5759d NS 02/18
Accident Form Series includes GBD-1000, GBD-1300, GBD-2000, GBD, 2300. Critical Illness Form Series includes GBD-2600, GBD-2700. Disability Form Series includes GBD-1000, GBD-1200. Life Form Series includes GBD-1000, GBD-1100. Hospital Income Plan Form Series includes GBD-2800, GBD-2900. Group Retiree Health Form Series includes GBD-2400, GBD-2500.
All coverages and services may not be available for all businesses or in all states. For details on what coverages and services are available to you, contact your agent at The Hartford today.
This page outlines in general terms the coverages and services that may be afforded under a Hartford policy. All policies must be examined carefully to determine suitability for your needs and to identify any exclusions, limitations or any other terms and conditions that may specifically affect coverage. In the event of a conflict, the terms and conditions of the policy prevail. All Hartford coverages and services described on this page may be offered by one or more of the property and casualty insurance company subsidiaries of The Hartford Financial Services Group, Inc.
* THIS POLICY PROVIDES LIMITED BENEFITS FOR SPECIFIED DISEASES ONLY. This limited health benefit plan (1) does not constitute major medical coverage, and (2) does not satisfy the individual mandate of the Affordable Care Act (ACA) because the coverage does not meet the requirements of minimum essential coverage.
In New York: This policy provides limited benefits health insurance only. It does NOT provide basic hospital, basic medical or major medical insurance as defined by the New York State Department of Financial Services.