What is Accident Insurance?
Accident Insurance helps protect against the financial burden that accident-related costs can create. Accident Insurance from The Hartford complements other benefits, including traditional healthcare insurance. When it’s combined with Voluntary Critical Illness it offers employees an affordable, complete benefits package without undue expense to their employer.
Why Employees Need Accident Insurance
Accident Insurance from The Hartford helps relieve financial strain for employees in the event of a covered accident, while also helping to curb costs. Claims payments are made in flat amounts based on services incurred during an accident.
In the U.S., a disabling injury occurs every second, and an accidental death occurs every four minutes.1 It’s important to make sure that employees have the coverage they need to protect themselves and their families.
What Accident Insurance Covers
Our accident insurance provides benefits for more than 80 accidental injuries, related expenses and treatments in each of the following coverage categories.
Emergency, Hospital & Treatment Care Benefits:
- Emergency transportation
- Initial care (ER, urgent care)
- Diagnostic exams and more
Specified Injury & Surgery Benefits:
- Burns and more
- Accidental death
- Paralysis and more
How Accident Insurance is Flexible
Accident Insurance is available with affordable group rates, on a guaranteed issue basis (no health questions) and with no required waiting periods. It also includes:
- Easy payroll deduction of premium payments
- Composite rates by coverage tier (Employee Only, Employee + Spouse, Employee + Child or Family)
- The same benefit amounts for the employee and any dependents (except for accidental death amounts)
- Portability of coverage with current benefits and rates
- Only 10 insured lives required for participation
What Employees Get
The Hartford goes beyond the benefit with built-in value-added services to support an employee's recovery – at no extra cost to the company or the employee.
- Ability Assist®4 – Confidential support for emotional, legal and financial issues
- HealthChampionSM5 – Offers unlimited access to benefit specialists and nurses for administrative and clinical support to address medical care and claims concerns
How to Get Accident Insurance
The Hartford makes it simple for brokers and employers to find the right coverage. Connect with a representative from The Hartford today.
5759s NS 02/18
Accident Form Series includes GBD-2000, GBD-2300, or state equivalent.
1 Injury Facts. National Safety Council. 2014 Edition. P. 37. Print.