Unleash the Power of Small – With Better Benefits
38% of extremely successful/very successful small business owners say that having a better pool of qualified talent is a major contributor to their success.*
Your employees are one of your greatest business assets, and the benefits you offer them can become another. When you offer desirable protection options, you can help attract and retain top talent in your company. By keeping those important benefits affordable, we help you offer a wide range of choices that help your employees remain at work or regain productivity, minimizing costs to your bottom line. So you – and your employees – can stay focused on driving your business forward to success.
With cost-effective employee benefits options that can be customized to meet the needs of virtually any type of small business, we make it easy for you to compete with larger companies for top employee talent attraction and retention.
Why Choose The Hartford?
We go beyond the benefits. Here’s how:
- Experience – we have over one million small business customers and have been providing group benefits for 60+ years.
- Service – our teams are dedicated exclusively to your needs as a small business. Knowledgeable and experienced, they deliver highly responsive support.
- Trust – The Hartford has been recognized as a World’s Most Ethical Company® 10 times by The Ethisphere Institute.§
Industry-Leading Products, Made Flexible and Affordable
You can offer the coverages your employees want – and they can be bundled in a variety of employer or employee-paid combinations to best fit your needs. Flexible options include:
- Life & Accidental Death and Dismemberment Insurance
- Short-term Disability Insurance
- Long-term Disability Insurance
- DisabilityFLEX® – A customizable, voluntary Disability insurance product
- Critical Illness Insurance
- Accident Insurance
- Hospital Indemnity Insurance
- Business Travel Accident Insurance
We make managing your benefits fast and easy with tools and solutions to speed your administration:
- Employer View® – your self-service tool to help you manage your Hartford group benefits, view and pay bills, obtain specific case information, inquire about claims, view medical underwriting status, and access reports and online forms instantly.
- Online Enrollment and Electronic Personal Health Application – enrollment administration is quick and easy with our online solution – Express Enrollment through BenSelect. And our Electronic Personal Health Application (ePHA) makes the Evidence of Insurability (EOI) submission process seamless and convenient for employees.
- Digital Employee Education and Enrollment Aids – access to short, informative videos and to MyTomorrow,® The Hartford’s interactive educational tool that helps employees understand their benefits and choose the combination that best fits their income, lifestyle and needs.
But that’s not all – we also provide several Value-Added Services which positively enhance the employee experience, at no extra charge.
- Everest Funeral Planning and Concierge Services1
- Beneficiary Assist® Counseling Services2
- Ability Assist® Counseling Services4
- EstateGuidance® Will Preparation Services2
- Travel Assistance3
- ID Theft Protection Services3
Workforce Safety & Absence Management Service
Additionally, our Workforce Safety & Absence Management service is available with all coverage options and can help small businesses like yours control operational losses by:
- Identifying and evaluating workplace and workforce issues
- Developing plans to control operational losses
- Providing guidance for improving operations and efficiencies
5759x NS 02/18
Accident Form Series includes GBD-1000, GBD-1300, or state equivalent. Critical Illness Form Series includes GBD-2600, GBD-2700, or state equivalent. Disability Form Series includes GBD-1000, GBD-1200, or state equivalent. Life Form Series includes GBD-1000, GBD-1100, or state equivalent. Hospital Income Plan Form Series includes GBD-2800, GBD-2900, or state equivalent.
* The Hartford’s 2015 Small Business Success Study.