Choose The Hartford for All Your Missouri Business Insurance Needs
The Show-Me State is home to 523,459 small businesses, making up 99.4% of companies in Missouri in 2018. Those small businesses employ 1.1 million employees. In this case, small businesses in Missouri are defined as businesses with fewer than 500 employees.1 Insurance in Missouri covers businesses in St. Louis, Kansas City, Springfield, and more. Companies have been protecting themselves in Missouri with business insurance from The Hartford for hundreds of years. Learn more about Missouri small business insurance, Missouri data breach insurance, and Missouri workers’ compensation insurance from The Hartford.
Types of Missouri Business Insurance Offered
Missouri Business Owner’s Policy Insurance
A Missouri Business Owner’s Policy is a single insurance policy that combines both business property insurance and business liability insurance for your Missouri small business. A Business Owner’s Policy, sometimes referred to as a BOP, helps protect your Missouri business from claims resulting from things including theft, fire or another covered disaster and from claims involving property damage, personal and advertising injury, and bodily injury that may come up from your daily business operations.
You can also tailor a BOP to meet your unique business insurance needs by adding additional coverages like data breach insurance.
Consider getting a Business Owner’s Policy if:
- Your Missouri business has a potential for being sued, perhaps by a customer who is hurt in your workplace or storefront.
- Your Missouri business has a physical location, including in your home office, store, or other business property that is rented or owned.
- Your Missouri business has digital and/or physical assets that can be stolen or damaged, digital hardware and software, tools, inventory, furniture, customer information, and other data.
Missouri Commercial Umbrella Insurance
Missouri Commercial Umbrella Insurance provides businesses with liability coverage to help protect them against the potentially devastating cost of claims. If the cost of a claim is higher than a business’s underlying primary insurance coverage, Commercial Umbrella Insurance extends liability coverage amount for an additional layer of insurance to further protect the business.
A Commercial Umbrella Insurance policy helps protect a Missouri business when accidents such as the following happen:
- A customer slips on the floor in your office and hurts herself. The medical costs of her injuries exceed your general liability policy’s limits.
- An advertising error results in significant lawsuits against your business in Missouri, with costs that far exceed your primary business liability insurance coverage limits.
Missouri Workers’ Compensation Insurance
Workers’ compensation insurance, or workman’s compensation insurance, provides benefits to Missouri businesses’ employees for work-related injuries or illnesses. In Missouri, employers are required to carry workers’ compensation insurance if they have five or more employees.2 This insurance coverage includes medical care, help replacing lost wages when unable to work due to a covered illness or injury, and more. Workers’ compensation protection may also help cover the costs if a worker’s family decides to sue the company.
Workers’ Compensation Insurance coverage can help protect your Missouri business and employees from the costs of accidents such as these:
- An employee is driving to the office after a conference and is badly hurt in a car accident, requiring an ambulance ride to the hospital and medical care.
- An employee slips on the wet floor in the breakroom, injures his neck, requires a hospital visit, plus three weeks of recovery time.
- An employee injures her hand moving office furniture into a new space and requires a doctor’s visit, medication, and work time off to recover.
Missouri General Liability Insurance
Missouri general liability insurance coverage, also known as commercial general liability insurance or business liability insurance, helps protect your Missouri business from claims like property damage, personal and advertising injury, and bodily injury that may put your business at risk. The Hartford offers some of the broadest business insurance coverage available today.
Commercial Liability Insurance can help cover the costs related to claims of:
- Damage to rented property
- Bodily injury
- Reputational harm
- Medical payments
- Advertising errors
Commercial General Liability insurance provides coverage for customer injuries, lawsuits, and damage to property owned by others. It can also help cover medical expenses and legal costs if an incident results in a lawsuit.
Missouri Minimum Business Insurance Requirements
Missouri employers are required to carry workers’ compensation insurance if they have five or more employees. Missouri employers involved in the construction industry are required to carry the coverage if they have one or more employees. This applies to all employers, regardless of whether the employees are part-time, full-time, or family members. Employers that don’t have the required number of employees or who have employees in the exempt categories may “elect” to come under the law and carry workers’ compensation insurance.2
Additional Missouri Business Insurance Links
- Commercial Auto Insurance
- Business Income Insurance
- Commercial Flood Insurance
- Commercial Property Insurance
- Commercial Umbrella Insurance
- Management & Professional Liability
- Surety & Fidelity Bonds
- Home-Based Business Insurance
- Employment Practices Liability
- Risk Engineering
- Loss Sensitive (Deductible) Solutions
Get a quote on Small Business Insurance for your business today.