The Hartford makes it easy to get a business insurance quote online.
When It Comes to Small Business Insurance, We’ve Got Your Back
Our small business insurance team has been dedicated to helping small business owners like you for more than 30 years. Whether it’s workers’ compensation, business income, property or liability insurance, we can help protect you. We're here to help propel you, your employees and your small businesses forward.
Types of Small Business Insurance
At its most basic level, small business insurance should help protect your company's property, income and safeguard you against liability claims. There is not just one single type of small business insurance policy, but our business owner’s policy combines three essential coverages – business property, general liability and business income insurance – under one powerful policy.
- Business property insurance – Helps protect the physical location that your business owns or leases as well as property such as tools, equipment and inventory.
- General liability insurance – Helps protect your business from the financial costs of property damage, bodily injury, personal and advertising injury claims made against your business.
- Business income insurance – Helps replace lost income when you are unable to conduct business due to a covered loss like a theft or fire.
Extending Your Small Business Insurance
As your small business grows, you may need more insurance. The Hartford offers a wide selection of business coverages to address the specific needs of different companies, so select your coverage and get your small business insurance quote. Many small businesses also choose:
- Workers' compensation insurance – If you have employees, most states require workers’ comp. This coverage provides benefits to employees for work-related injuries and illnesses.
- Commercial auto insurance – If you or your employees use a vehicle for work, consider adding commercial auto to your insurance policy. This coverage helps cover costs arising from a covered work-related auto accident.
The Hartford Difference for Your Small Business
You can rest assured knowing that whatever your coverage needs, The Hartford can help you find the right insurance for your small business. Our specialists will work with you to assess the risks your business may face and help you select coverages that suit your needs – get a quote today and find out how The Hartford can help you protect your small business.
Small Business Insurance Experience You Can Trust
The Hartford has been protecting customers for more than 200 years. We understand the unique risks that small businesses face and how to help them prevail through even the most difficult times. That’s why for more than 30 years, The Hartford has had a team of specialists dedicated to helping companies find the right small business insurance for their needs.
When you purchase small business insurance from The Hartford, you will receive industry leading customer care. Our claims representatives consistently earn among the industry’s highest customer claims ratings and reviews. The Hartford has been recognized as a World’s Most Ethical Company® 11 times by The Ethisphere Institute.1
It’s no wonder that more than 1 million small business owners trust The Hartford for their insurance needs. Talk to an agent or get a quote today to find out how we can help you protect your small business.
More Answers to Frequently Asked Small Business Insurance Questions
- What Insurance Do I Need for a Small Business?
- What Is Small Business Insurance?
- How Much Does Small Business Insurance Cost?
- What Types of Insurance Does a Small Business Need?
- How to Get Small Business Insurance
- Small Business Liability Insurance
- Small Business Liability Insurance Coverage
- How Much Does Small Business Liability Insurance Cost?
- How to Get Small Business Liability Insurance
- What Is Liability Insurance for Small Business?
- What Is LLC Insurance?
- 5 Things to Know About Small Business Insurance
- Do I Need Business Insurance?
- Save Money on Small Business Insurance
- What Happens If I Don’t Have Small Business Insurance?
- Liabilities of Letting Employees Work From Home
- Types of Small Business Insurance Coverage
- Small Business Insurance Quote
- Best Small Business Insurance
- Small Business Startup Insurance
- Small Business Risks
- The Basics of Business Liability Insurance
- Small Business Grants
- How to Future Proof Your Small Business
Additional disclosures below.
Workers' Compensation Insurance
Commercial Auto Insurance
Commercial Property Insurance
General Liability Insurance