The Hartford for Your Minnesota Business Insurance Needs
The Minnesota economy has seen positive growth in the last few years; in 2015 their economy grew at a rate of 2.9% which was faster than the US national average of 1.9%.1 Small businesses play a huge role in the growing Minnesota economy as they make up 97.7% of companies which amounts to over half a million small business in 2016.2 Minnesota has seen improvement in unemployment, with small businesses creating 26,326 net new jobs in 2016 alone. The Hartford has provided insurance coverage for thousands of Minnesota small businesses and can help you ensure your small business is prepared in the event of an accident. To learn more about business insurance contact The Hartford. Learn more about the types of small business insurance we offer in the state of Minnesota.
Types of Minnesota Business Insurance Offered
General Liability Insurance MN
General Liability Insurance is one of the most significant insurance policies for Minnesota business owners to have because it provides broad coverage to help protect your business in a variety of circumstances. General Liability Insurance provides coverage for claims against your business of bodily injury, property damage, advertising errors, and reputation harm. The Hartford also offers Specialty General Liability Coverage for businesses with higher hazard, or difficult to place liability exposures. Each year, it seems more and more companies are targeted for liability claims, consider purchasing General Liability Insurance from The Hartford to protect your business from incidents like the following for example:
- A customer trips on a piece of equipment at your store and breaks their arm and files a claim against your business to cover their medical expenses.
- A customer claims your business damaged their property.
- A customer claims reputation harm after you kick them out of your restaurant.
Business Liability Insurance MN
Business Liability Insurance with The Hartford is included in our Business Owner’s Policy insurance package. A Business Owner’s Policy is convenient and affordable for business owners because it combines both business liability insurance and business property insurance in one policy. It provides coverage for damages to your physical assets from theft or a fire and claims involving bodily injury, reputation harm, and property damage. The Hartford also enables business owners to customize their policies to best match the unique coverage needs of their business; this is helpful because some companies face different risks than others. Additional coverages include but are not limited to:
- Data Breach Coverage – helps protect your business from the costs associated with dealing with and recovering from incidents where your business’s sensitive data becomes lost, leaked or stolen.
- Professional Liability Coverage – protects your business if you are found negligent in the professional services you provide.
- Business Income Coverage – is included with a BOP and helps replace lost income if your business must suspend operations due to a covered loss. This can help you continue to meet your company’s financial obligations for things like rent and payroll.
Commercial Auto Insurance Minnesota
Commercial Auto Insurance is critical for all businesses who use a vehicle to conduct business, whether the vehicle is rented, owned, or an employee’s. This helps cover the related costs if you or your employee gets in an accident while driving on behalf of your business. Commercial Auto Insurance can help pay for auto rentals, vehicle damage, towing expenses, and medical bills for covered incidents. For example, The Hartford can help protect you from the following scenarios:
- Your employee is in route for a product delivery and accidentally hits a pedestrian causing injury.
- You are driving back to the office from a client meeting and swerve off the road crash into a storefront and cause property damage.
Commercial Property Insurance Minnesota
Commercial Property Insurance with The Hartford helps provide broad protection for your business if your property is damaged or destroyed by fire, theft, or another covered disaster. If you operate your business out of a physical location like a brick and mortar store, your business could benefit from having Commercial Property Insurance to help repair and restore your businesses property if it is damaged by a covered event. The Hartford team can also assist you in assessing the potential risks of your property and provide recommendations for ways to reduce risk and to help improve the safety of your property. Consider Commercial Property Insurance with The Hartford if:
- Your business has a brick and mortar location you rely on to sell products or services.
- Your business relies heavily on equipment, computers or manufacturing machines to operate.
Michigan Minnesota Business Insurance Requirements
All employers are required by Minnesota state law to provide workers’ compensation insurance.3 Workers’ compensation insurance protects employees if they get injured or ill while on the job by providing them with access to medical professionals, paying for their prescriptions, rehabilitation, and lost wages. If an employer does not have workers’ compensation insurance and an employee gets injured while on the job the employer and their business may be responsible for covering the employee's medical expenses and could potentially face fines for not complying with the law.4 The Hartford is a leading provider of Workers’ Compensation Insurance and can help protect your Minnesota business in the case of a work-related illness or injury.
Additional Minnesota Business Insurance Links
- Commercial Auto Insurance
- Business Income Insurance
- Commercial Flood Insurance
- Commercial Property Insurance
- Commercial Umbrella Insurance
- Data Breach Insurance
- General Liability Insurance
- Surety & Fidelity Bonds
- Home-Based Business Insurance
- Employment Practices Liability
Get a quote on Small Business Insurance for your business today.