How to Get Car Insurance Quotes Online
Getting a quote from the AARP Auto Insurance Program from The Hartford is easy. You can get a quote online, call us directly or meet with an agent who can help find the best auto coverage to meet your needs. Our online quoting process is so simple to use that most quotes are completed in 8 minutes or less. Plus, you may discover additional opportunities to save while getting your car insurance quote online from The Hartford.
Before you get your car insurance quote, it’s important that you have certain information and documents on hand. You’ll need:
- Your driver’s license
- Vehicle registration
- Any documentation from your current auto insurance (if you have any)
Several factors determine the cost of your car insurance, including:
- Your Driving Record – A safe driving record can help reduce the cost of your auto insurance. If you have moving violations or accidents, you may pay more for your auto insurance.
- How Much You Drive – The more time you spend on the road, the more likely it is that you’ll be involved in an auto accident. Drivers who have longer work commutes or who spend more time on the road can expect to pay more for auto insurance.
- Coverage History – Insurance companies like to see continuous auto insurance coverage. It shows you are a responsible driver. If there have been major or frequent lapses in your auto insurance coverage, you may pay more for your auto insurance.
- The Vehicle You Drive – Typically, safer and more modestly priced vehicles cost less to insure. Expensive vehicles require more expensive repairs and may cost more to insure. Likewise, vehicles that don’t perform well in safety tests can cost more to insure.
- Where You Live – Your neighborhood’s population density can affect the cost of your auto insurance. More drivers in your area can increase the likelihood of an auto accident and the cost of your insurance.
Ways to Save Money on Auto Insurance Quotes
There are plenty of ways to save on your car insurance. Consider taking advantage of any or all of these discount options to help lower your car insurance premium.
- Bundle Insurance – Insurance companies often offer discounts to customers who bundle multiple coverages together. For example, you receive a discount if you buy both your home and auto insurance from the same company.
- Pay in Full – Most insurance companies offer monthly or annual payments. Some insurance companies will offer discounts to customers who pay in full.
- Antitheft Device – Adding or buying a car with antitheft devices, such as alarms and vehicle locators, can help lower your premiums.
- Defensive Driving Courses – Even experienced drivers can benefit from a defensive driving course. Some insurance companies will offer you an auto insurance discount if you send them your defensive driving course completion certificate from an approved program. This discount may be good for several years.
- Vehicle Fuel Type – You may be eligible for a discount if you drive a hybrid or electric vehicle.
- Driver Training – A discount may be available on your children’s auto insurance if they pass an approved driver training class
What Is Included in an Online Car Insurance Quote?
An online car insurance quote offers coverage that can help protect your vehicle, as well as meet your state requirements. An online car insurance quote might include:
- Collision Coverage – Helps cover the cost of repairs to your car if you collide with another vehicle or object. For example, if you back up and accidentally hit a high curb and damage your rear bumper, this coverage could help pay for the repairs.
- Other Than Collision Coverage – Also known as Comprehensive coverage, helps to cover the cost to repair your car if it is dented by hail, vandalized or if your car is stolen.
- Full Glass Coverage – Helps cover the cost to replace a broken windshield or other safety glass on your car. There is no deductible for this coverage. Whereas collision and non-collision coverages may cover the cost of broken glass, typically you will have to first pay a deductible.
- Car Insurance Medical Payments – Helps cover your or your family’s medical bills that result from a car accident. If you have a high deductible healthcare plan, you may want to purchase increased limits to help ensure you’re able to cover your deductible.
- Property Damage Liability – Helps cover the cost of damage you do to another person’s property with your vehicle. This can include damage to another person’s vehicle, but also property such as fences and mailboxes.
- Towing Coverage – Helps pay the cost of towing and labor if your car breaks down while you are driving and it needs it to be towed to a service station or if your car gets stuck in the snow. It does not cover the cost of repairs.
- Uninsured-Underinsured Motorist Bodily Injury – Helps cover the costs of medical bills if you or your passengers are injured by an uninsured or underinsured motorist.
- Uninsured-Underinsured Motorist Property Damage – Helps to cover the costs if your property is damaged by an uninsured or underinsured motorist. For example, you may have an older car for your child to drive with just liability coverage. If the car is hit by an uninsured motorist, Uninsured-Underinsured Motorist Property Damage insurance could help cover the damage to your car.
- Personal Injury Protections (PIP) – Helps pay for damages associated with injuries related to car accidents, even if you are responsible for the accident. PIP coverage is not available in all states.
- Rental Car Expense – Helps cover the cost of a rental vehicle if your car inoperable due to a covered loss.
- Personal Umbrella Insurance – Extends the limits of your liability insurance. For example, you’re found at fault for an accident. The other party makes a $750,000 claim against you. Your auto insurance only covers you for up to $500,000. Personal Umbrella Insurance can help cover the payments over the limits of your auto insurance.
How Do I Get a Car Insurance Quote Online?
The Hartford makes it easy to get a car insurance quote online. Begin your online quote from the AARP Auto Insurance Program from The Hartford. It can be helpful to research the different types of car insurance coverage options before starting your quote. This can help you determine the types of coverages you might need. You’ll also want to understand the minimum car insurance requirements for your state.
Does My Car Insurance Quote Include My RV?
Many RVs, motorhomes and trailers can be added to your auto policy. The Hartford also offers recreational vehicle policies for ATVs, golf carts and watercraft.